S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Heatsoaked SC aftercooler

Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah with this fmic im still getting plenty on heatsoak,just got my meth/water injection kit.hopefully i will install it within the next few weeks
Old 05-31-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by S2SEXY,May 31 2010, 11:00 PM
yeah with this fmic im still getting plenty on heatsoak,just got my meth/water injection kit.hopefully i will install it within the next few weeks
so you are running an air-to-air fmic? what are your intake temps?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM

You know, another solution is tap into the windshield washer fluid reservoir (or something in it's place) in order to increase the capacity of the aftercooler coolant/water. Plus, during track days you can throw some ice in there just before your sessions to help keep temps down.

I think I would like to rig something like this up. Good luck with the high IAT's. I noticed 200 degree IAT's once but it was after having the car parked with the AC on in 100 degree temps in the middle of the summer. Once the car was moving around 30 mph IAT's dropped substantially.

Hang in there...you'll figure this out.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:24 PM

I really don't think the flow of the Comptech pump is the problem...I think it's overall capacity of the aftercooler setup. I did the bucket test and I think the flow is adequate.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth Operator,May 31 2010, 03:52 PM
I'll definitely be upgrading to the SOS water pump as a first step (yes, I agree that it should be included as a kit when sold with the SOS heat exchanger, it only makes sense to upgrade the water pump at the same time). That is meant as the optimum upgrade alongside the larger SOS heat exchanger.

If that does not work out. Aquamist spray onto the heat exchanger is an option to consider. It works wonders.
If your going to invest in the cost of a injection kit, why spray it on the heat exchanger when you could inject the motor and be so much more effective, not only in cooling intake temps but being able to run advanced timing for more safe power? Would spraying water on the heat exchanger even really register an AIT drop?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Gold Member (Premium)Member (Premium)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I was looking for a water pump upgrade as well when I upgraded the heat exchanger. Did some reading on the mustang forums and it seems the mustang crowd upgrades to the meziere wp136s. I picked one up from summit and it's a substantial pump. It dwarfs the stock vortech one. I'll get some picks up tomorrow.

Mounting this thing will take some creativity. Bought some 16 gauge stainless to make a support bracket, but might use aluminum. The thing is heavy.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

I am thinking of maxing a reservoir tank to mount on the passenger side of the front bumper to store more fluid, to would be mounted low so the top of the system would still be the aftercooler.

Tonight I will be removing my pump and testing it, then comparing it to the old Holley fuel pump we found. We will be measuring the amount they flow at 12vs into a bucket
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,May 31 2010, 10:44 PM
If your going to invest in the cost of a injection kit, why spray it on the heat exchanger when you could inject the motor and be so much more effective, not only in cooling intake temps but being able to run advanced timing for more safe power? Would spraying water on the heat exchanger even really register an AIT drop?
Yes, absolutely. Spraying a heat exchanger works because of the evaporative effect of the water. In fact, stock Evo 8's came with intercooler sprayers from the factory.

Agreed, if you're going to spray, you might as well put proper sized nozzles in your intake and advance timing. Personally, I don't like the idea of being tied to a bottle.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

another idea, which you mentioned, was adding capacity to the system, perfect add on is a stock 03-04 mustang cobra coolant reservoir that you can pick up for 30 bucks used.

its to the left of the battery

i added this over a year ago. works well and made it very easy for me to bleed my setup.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 AM

I also have the SoS kit with the upgraded heat exchanger and pump. I managed to kill the pump after 6 months and had to replace it. (I believe I had a small leak in the system and gradually lost the coolant, causing the pump to run dry and die).

I tried to run one track day without the pump working and also saw temps hit 190f.

I bought a replacement pump here:
http://www.apeusa.com/html/jabsco.html
It was the cheapest place I could fine them. I've had the replacement in for about 5 months now and temps are much better.

Quick Reply: Heatsoaked SC aftercooler