S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Heatsoaked SC aftercooler

Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R,May 31 2010, 09:52 AM
If SOS recommends the pump be "upgraded" why wasn't it included with the kit. That kind of pisses me off. The kit is 400 dollars, it should include that pump. I WILL be calling them on Tuesday to order the bigger pump/ask questions about it.
I was at this exact cross road when I was at 11psi with CTSC. I had major heat soak issues when I was on the stock Comptech heat exchanger, and started looking into the SoS upgrade, and then found out it was going to be close to 1K after shipping with the larger core painted black, with the upgraded pump.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

I would get the proper SOS upgraded pump to move the much added volume of water in the upgraded heat exchanger, check that all hoses are not kinked. If the system is operating normally then invest in a water/meth injection kit, that would solve your issues like nothing else can.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SuzukaBlueAP2,May 31 2010, 12:33 PM
I was looking for this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry15521413

SoS states they use a 7.5 g/min pump with their setups. I am not sure what the specs of the Comptech water pump are, but, if you/we can find them that would help resolve any uncertainty with the pump being capable.

And the last guy in that thread mentions that he 'tilted' his heat exchanger. Maybe contact him and ask him about that? or ask SoS about that?
The guy who posted about tilting it, was the guy who recently died in that accident with the jack stands. He was saying that tilting the heat exchanger helped the radiator get more air to help the engine coolant stay at a reasonable temperature.

"Just a heads up for you track guys I'm running a larger heat exhchanger and had to tilt it to provide more airflow for the radiator or else the egnine would run hot "

Here is the page on SOS's website for just the pump, no price listed. I'm really starting to get upset with SOS. When you order stuff for your car, wouldn't you make your customer aware of everything you sell? First my buddy with a built f20 (they sold him a 1220sl when they knew max hp was in mind...to later find out they sell the 1200), now this with me buying the kit from them over the phone, why wouldn't you tell me about the pump upgrade?

Sos is rated as you said at 7.5 Gallons per minute, SOS CLAIMS the COMPTECH is rated at 4.5 Gallons per minute
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/eng..._pump_assembly/
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by S20004ME_PDX,May 31 2010, 12:40 PM
I was at this exact cross road when I was at 11psi with CTSC. I had major heat soak issues when I was on the stock Comptech heat exchanger, and started looking into the SoS upgrade, and then found out it was going to be close to 1K after shipping with the larger core painted black, with the upgraded pump.
woah, why so much?! The kit is 400 plus shipping (without the pump).
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW. 200F is crazy hot. without my water/meth spray normal driving i never have hit that. even if i floor the car to the top of 5th i dont hit that high. i think the highest i saw on a 130+mph pull was 150ish, maybe 160. water/meth spraying i see ambient lol even on the long hard pulls.

what really sucks is although people hate on it, FMIC is way better then a A2W. even though there is more pressure loss i bet the air stays way cooler, so just pulley up and run more boost.

if i wasnt seriously considering turbo i would try a fmic for the hell of it.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Member (Premium)

I had the UR FMIC on my car but I was limited to just over 300 whp, and I wanted more power . That is why I straight traded for a COMPTECH AC.

Ok, so my tuner informed me of the spearco pump, no info on it though other than it costing 269 dollars! (I find it listed on some website that is flows 6-8 GPM, not a reliable source though)

http://www.racetep.com/tneticatolic.html

Can anyone help me find a high flow pump other than the SOS one?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM

pm mugenrio2k, ask him which pump came on teh sot kit. pretty sure that pump is nice, and might find cheaper.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R,May 31 2010, 06:44 PM
I had the UR FMIC on my car but I was limited to just over 300 whp, and I wanted more power . That is why I straight traded for a COMPTECH AC.

Ok, so my tuner informed me of the spearco pump, no info on it though other than it costing 269 dollars! (I find it listed on some website that is flows 6-8 GPM, not a reliable source though)

http://www.racetep.com/tneticatolic.html

Can anyone help me find a high flow pump other than the SOS one?
well thats ghey. before you buy a pump or invest in new heat exchanger or anything, see how much a 1200 blower upgrade is. pretty sure they are more efficient, ie less heating of the air, so they wont need as efficient aftercooler setup. might be worth it.

if i was centrifugal sc, i would sweat that 1500 blower upgrade. god when i saw the powerband that it makes, i must admit i was kinda jealous.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Member (Premium)

I emailed schimmel performance who specializes in VW VR6 turbo setups. They have a nice air to water exchanger setup they sell for $1770. I emailed them and asked if they sell the pump separate and what the flow rate is.

I will PM him, thank you
Old 05-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Member (Premium)

I already have spent the money, no looking back now. Don't you have a water to air on your car? What pump do you have?

i agree, I think I might be pushing it with my old nasty obsolete Novi 1000.

Quick Reply: Heatsoaked SC aftercooler