S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Have you guys replaced your oil pump with a more ROBUST brand?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Have you guys replaced your oil pump with a more ROBUST brand?

My guy says its a 7 hour labor job to remove/replace the oil pump!

Looks like mine maybe going bad with only 15k miles so I'm looking at the opportunity to replace this with a better quality unit. Is there any brands that you guys have used that is proven?

Since this seems to be a crucial part, I was thinking of using a more robust unit, thoughts? Any insight appreciated!

thanks
rick
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly is causing you to believe your oil pump is failing? Shouldn't have a problem at such low mileage unless it picked up some serious shavings.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 30r Dreams
What exactly is causing you to believe your oil pump is failing? Shouldn't have a problem at such low mileage unless it picked up some serious shavings.
Honestly we are not sure at this point - I was getting a low pressure oil warning at idle but once I give the car gas the oil pressure returns....

Since we have the F22C1 motor, would this ERL oil pump work?

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/e...or-kswaps.html
Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 AM

looks like the The S2K pump has a different bolt pattern from that one
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm illiterate, but this seems like its meant for a k series motor not an f20. Its a modified s2 pump on a k block. Correct me if I'm wrong But when the opening line says are you building a high revving k-series........
Old 12-06-2011, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked the actual pressure with a guage. It is not uncommon for oil pressure senders to fail, or for small pieces of trash to become lodged in them making for false readings. Have him screw a guage in the sender port and monitor the actual pressure probably gonna find its not the oil pump. Oil pump failure is rare, unless its been run dry or excessive amounts of trash have gone through it. If thats the case your gonna need a lot more than just a pump. Check oil filter as well, have seen more than one filter come apart inside and cause a partial blockage. Though that was with cheap filters (fram). If the pressure readings are good its probably gonna be the sensor. Good luck
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

endyn supplies "upgraded" oil pumps
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
Have you checked the actual pressure with a guage. It is not uncommon for oil pressure senders to fail, or for small pieces of trash to become lodged in them making for false readings. Have him screw a guage in the sender port and monitor the actual pressure probably gonna find its not the oil pump. Oil pump failure is rare, unless its been run dry or excessive amounts of trash have gone through it. If thats the case your gonna need a lot more than just a pump. Check oil filter as well, have seen more than one filter come apart inside and cause a partial blockage. Though that was with cheap filters (fram). If the pressure readings are good its probably gonna be the sensor. Good luck
^This. You need to get an oil pressure gauge and get some readings first. Pressure at idle should be ~20psi and 80-85psi while cruising at 3000rpms. Remember the readings should be when the oil is at full temp which takes significantly longer than the coolant to warm up.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM

^yup we already checked the oil pressure with an actual gauge screwed out - very odd to fail but ours is not holding any pressure

I'm considering buying an OEM modified/upgrade pump from these guys:

http://www.theoldone.com/components/..._oil_pumps.htm

Anyone have experience with them?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be loosing a bearing or two.

Quick Reply: Have you guys replaced your oil pump with a more ROBUST brand?