S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Has anyone installed a Greddy Turbo kit and..

Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend the new Vortech kit. I as well have an 07 and I'm running a Vortech V3 self contained kit with the hondata off the shelf map. I dynoed 348whp on a dynojet @ 8.5psi (pulley that came with the kit). I've had the kit on the car since Last January I've been to probably ten track days with no issues relating to the kit. PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM

Yea the clutch was what scared me off all the high boost kits (i.e. Kraftwerks)

I was looking somewhere in the 280-300 whp range so I can use my stock clutch for a bit. I also heard that if I install a turbo or sc, I will need to uninstall the kit. Is that true?

My other concern is CARB. If you look at the links I provided above of my Lexus, man o man did I have trouble with CARB and Smog testing. What a headache!

BTW, the only mods I currently have on the car is a K&N FIRP and a tanabe medallion touring dual exhaust.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 PM

stick with the Greddy kit IF you have a decent tunner.(HARD to find, i cant find one in Cali)

i'm in the market for a greddy kit to, i think i might pick one up in a month or to after i do a very complete tune up. i have a shop i usually take my supercharged civic to in san diego it's called Garage GT. i have not had any issues with them in the past, except the usually work on evo's, sti's, supras, and other higher end cars.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by jari8378,Feb 1 2010, 06:13 PM
^^ lets organize giles or mark(mugenrios2k) to come out.

I have a "hook-up" with a dyno.
Please, can we? I'm dead serious about this. Will you make a thread in Socal? I'm sure other guys with EMU would want this done.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 AM

Giles does mobile tuning and brings his own dyno in his truck. However, I am not sure if he is doing mobile tuning anymore. I know he is driving from NH to ATL in a few weeks for his third and 'final' group tuning event. You can always ask.

The main thing is that when he drives all this way to tune boosted cars, he finds that many are improperly installed/setup, and it turns out taking a lot more time that initially estimated. This is why he HIGHLY prefers the cars he tunes come from his partner's shop (Scott, Ballistic Motorsports, same block as Giles' shop). The NA cars aren't a problem since they are only bolt-on mods and it's pretty hard to mess that up.

He tuned my Greddy Kit on my 07 and it ran great while I had it.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When u say improperly installed, what do you mean?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by jari8378,Feb 2 2010, 12:37 PM
When u say improperly installed, what do you mean?
With respect to the Greddy Kit, it is usually exhaust leaks or not using the Greddy pressure sensor. Even though the stock MAP sensor can technically read up to 10 psi, it is not really accurate.

He also rewires the harness but that doesn't fall under improper installation, he just wires the harness his own way.

With other kits, I would have to say just shoddy installation in general, i.e. loose bolts, bad wiring, etc. Many cars have come to him with faulty sensors, CELs etc.

Also, especially with the greddy kit, many take the stock turbo and place the largest exhaust they can on it. He advocates using a stock cat and then perhaps a 70mm catback. If someone shows up with a 3 inch full exhaust without having ported the wastegate etc, he can't always solve the boost creep problem.

It's not to say every car that comes to him isn't put together properly, but if he's scheduled to tune 2-3 cars in a given day and the first one in the day is malfunctioning, he won't have time to troubleshoot. Then no one is happy.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by devs2k,Feb 2 2010, 09:25 AM
Giles does mobile tuning and brings his own dyno in his truck. However, I am not sure if he is doing mobile tuning anymore. I know he is driving from NH to ATL in a few weeks for his third and 'final' group tuning event. You can always ask.

The main thing is that when he drives all this way to tune boosted cars, he finds that many are improperly installed/setup, and it turns out taking a lot more time that initially estimated. This is why he HIGHLY prefers the cars he tunes come from his partner's shop (Scott, Ballistic Motorsports, same block as Giles' shop). The NA cars aren't a problem since they are only bolt-on mods and it's pretty hard to mess that up.

He tuned my Greddy Kit on my 07 and it ran great while I had it.

See, that's what I want my dyno to look like. I'm not having problems per se, but I'm not really satisfied with the way it's running. I know that would be lessened when I get everything else on there to upgrade the exhaust pieces.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM

^^ we need a decent tuner. Hard to find in Cali.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by devs2k,Feb 2 2010, 09:49 AM
With respect to the Greddy Kit, it is usually exhaust leaks or not using the Greddy pressure sensor. Even though the stock MAP sensor can technically read up to 10 psi, it is not really accurate.

He also rewires the harness but that doesn't fall under improper installation, he just wires the harness his own way.

With other kits, I would have to say just shoddy installation in general, i.e. loose bolts, bad wiring, etc. Many cars have come to him with faulty sensors, CELs etc.

Also, especially with the greddy kit, many take the stock turbo and place the largest exhaust they can on it. He advocates using a stock cat and then perhaps a 70mm catback. If someone shows up with a 3 inch full exhaust without having ported the wastegate etc, he can't always solve the boost creep problem.

It's not to say every car that comes to him isn't put together properly, but if he's scheduled to tune 2-3 cars in a given day and the first one in the day is malfunctioning, he won't have time to troubleshoot. Then no one is happy.
Well Ok,

Wiring the harness "his own way", what do you mean by that.

Those who have disected the greddy harness know that the harness isnt wired correctly for vtec correctly.

Adjustment of the harness is necessary, but what other adjustments besides vtec does he make.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a Greddy Turbo kit and..