S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Has anyone installed a Greddy Turbo kit and..

Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jari8378,Feb 1 2010, 03:08 PM
SInce you live in Nazi-fornia,

stick with the Greddy kit IF you have a decent tunner.(HARD to find, i cant find one in Cali)

Out of the box, the greddy kit runs really rich Low 11's and high 10's AFR's which is no-bueno. <-- kiss decent MPG's good bye. The base map also pulls a ton of timing, which is not necessary and creates too much heat.

If you can buy the flash pro, there are more experience tuners in the area and the car should run close to stock.

Install wise, if your local. I can do the work or help you. Its pretty straight forward.
Seriously, can we organize Giles to come out here? I know I've said it more than once, but what would it take to organize something like that?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Feb 1 2010, 03:32 PM
Seriously, can we organize Giles to come out here? I know I've said it more than once, but what would it take to organize something like that?
Is Giles the only one that can work magic with the supplied emanage?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2JZ GZE,Feb 1 2010, 03:34 PM
Is Giles the only one that can work magic with the supplied emanage?
He seems to be the only one who knows how the hell to use it, that's for sure.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM

I've been running the greddy turbo untuned for ~2000 miles. Runs perfect, just like stock. But i'm planning to get it tuned at HBspeed in a month or two.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ lets organize giles or mark(mugenrios2k) to come out.

I have a "hook-up" with a dyno.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2JZ GZE,Feb 1 2010, 03:17 PM
Yea I wouldn't mind paying you to do the install, I've seen your posts and it seems like you know what you're talking about.

I live in Los Angeles (90010) and I do not want to live at my tuner's place again like I did with my Lexus. I would have to kiss up so much to get things done right. Thats the last time I do anything custom.

Check out my old car's links: http://my.is/forums/f96/my-first-real-trac...87/#post4397403
http://my.is/forums/3838829-post116.html

I was drawn to the Greddy because I thought it was virtually plug and play and maybe a tune down the line. But I am not too sure anymore. What do you guys think my down time would be if I got this kit?

2 Days for Install ?
1 Day for tune?

anything else?

Thanks for answering my Qs.

I need like 10ish hours to install the kit, "if" new and "all" the parts are there.
If I start early, probably 1 day thing.

PM me if you serious about paying me, ill do it but I need the car @ my house(space and tools.) + my buddy will come out and expedite the install tremendously.

I bought my kit used, and had to fabricate or make many trips to various locations to complete the need parts for the install. Fuel pump, EMU, vacuum lines, misc bullshit.

The kit will run ok out of the box. IF you do plan to run it out of the box, purchase a wideband to monitor your AFR's so they dont run too rich. Prior to the install get the WB bung welded on the DP, so that I can install the WB as well. I'll teach you how to make minor tune adjustments so you can stay @ 11.8ish.

I will verify the wiring on the kit prior to install so we dont run into the same BS s2000ap2 did.

-Luis

Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by boostedf23,Feb 1 2010, 06:06 PM
I've been running the greddy turbo untuned for ~2000 miles. Runs perfect, just like stock. But i'm planning to get it tuned at HBspeed in a month or two.
have you been boosting too? or just driving it in vacuum
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jari8378,Feb 1 2010, 06:22 PM

I need like 10ish hours to install the kit, "if" new and "all" the parts are there.
If I start early, probably 1 day thing.

PM me if you serious about paying me, ill do it but I need the car @ my house(space and tools.) + my buddy will come out and expedite the install tremendously.

I bought my kit used, and had to fabricate or make many trips to various locations to complete the need parts for the install. Fuel pump, EMU, vacuum lines, misc bullshit.

The kit will run ok out of the box. IF you do plan to run it out of the box, purchase a wideband to monitor your AFR's so they dont run too rich. Prior to the install get the WB bung welded on the DP, so that I can install the WB as well. I'll teach you how to make minor tune adjustments so you can stay @ 11.8ish.

I will verify the wiring on the kit prior to install so we dont run into the same BS s2000ap2 did.

-Luis
Cool, thanks for your help...

I am looking for a new kit at the moment and looking to see where I can get the best deal.

So what would I need to prepare for the install?

Obviously I would need the turbo kit and also?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM

^^ well you stock clutch will hold for like 6-12 months... depending on how hard you drive it. So, a stock clutch.

besides the kit, fresh oil, OEM oil filter, rtv grey(new bottle), zip ties, allen bolts for the intercooler pipes, Vacuum lines(unless you like blue), you also might want to get a BOV(not included in the kit) and have it installed in charge pipe prior to the install...

I have AC heat wrap(helps with protect your AC lines.

I also do something nice with the OE heat shield, you'll see mine.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM

i would recommend you get a map sensor if you are going to boost more than 8 psi or just use your stock cat and exhaust.

We installed the greddy kit on a buddy car however got a CEL due to boosting more than 10 psi as he had high flow cat and 70 mm exhaust.

anyways, i agree with getting a clutch stock stuff is weak.

I'm planning on going that route, just getting the parts together. got the flashpro next is clutch and finally turbo, vroom vroom

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a Greddy Turbo kit and..