S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

greddy turbo only at 270 whp

Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nightowl
I got 330hp @ 10psi off this Greddy kit with flash pro,straight pipe, Greddy Ti-c turbo exhaust. I got this tuned in S.cal Church automotive.

Better have that dyno checked.

That dyno reads EXTREMELY high fyi. Have seen stock S2000's put down 240whp lol.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got it done at blacktrax which used dynojet. At first i called dnr because they have a dynojet because i heard it was better and also they were cheaper but then they told me i need to give them a software for emu and i was like wtf shouldn't they have that so i decided not to and blacktrax has it all ready. Right now i am running completly stock except for full greddy kit plug into it. I have a ap1 s2k with ap2 swap from 05 with ecu program from dealer to match my key. I was thinking of getting a test pipe if i can't find a exhaust not to loud enough at decent price. I was also wondering if i can get a decent cheap intercooler that would cover my whole ap1 bumper hole because i heard the bigger the intercooler the better it cools. i dont mind cutting the test pipe a little bit to put it in but i dont want to loose that plastic grill om the ap1
Old 07-23-2011, 04:41 AM

I have a greddy kit and it previously got to 300 HP by placing the intake near the front vent and opening up the exhaust.

I move the intake to avoid issues with high water. So after several tunes I am making 265 HP. I still enjoy the torque at the lower HP and in the winter it pulls much much harder that it does in the summer. I think if you have chasing after a dyno number you probably need a differt kit.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by whatthephucker
i got it done at blacktrax which used dynojet. At first i called dnr because they have a dynojet because i heard it was better and also they were cheaper but then they told me i need to give them a software for emu and i was like wtf shouldn't they have that so i decided not to and blacktrax has it all ready. Right now i am running completly stock except for full greddy kit plug into it. I have a ap1 s2k with ap2 swap from 05 with ecu program from dealer to match my key. I was thinking of getting a test pipe if i can't find a exhaust not to loud enough at decent price. I was also wondering if i can get a decent cheap intercooler that would cover my whole ap1 bumper hole because i heard the bigger the intercooler the better it cools. i dont mind cutting the test pipe a little bit to put it in but i dont want to loose that plastic grill om the ap1
A bigger intercooler will help lower intake temps but it will block at lot of the air to the radiator causing higher coolant temps if you don't have an aftermarket radiator.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a better manifold may give a small amount more on the top end but then you will probably be fighting boost creep. The greddy turbo is definitely maxed out before the motor. The Greddy kit, by design, only bumps up the mid range so to speak - and that's also how it's advertised, along with the CARB cert. Sure does spool up fast though.

Almost forgot - you will also need a boost controller to get more out of the griddy. I always ran 10 psi and I think everyone else that made 330 was running 10 to 12 psi.
Another thing - some tuners don't know anything about the Emanage ULT and screw the tune royally. For instance they leave the "accel" map on and end up with pig rich settings beuase they don't know its additive.

In the end the greddie is a nice bump in power and can bump you up a bracket as far as the S2000 vs. lots of other cars but once you get addicted to boost you may eventually want more.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dales2000
Originally Posted by whatthephucker' timestamp='1311420177' post='20807708
A bigger intercooler will help lower intake temps but it will block at lot of the air to the radiator causing higher coolant temps if you don't have an aftermarket radiator.

No true bout the radiator and cooling comment. I run huge intercooler and stock radiator. Works fine even in sfl summer.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 AM

I hope this tuner tune it right. My next Turbo if I have more money I am going to get a inline Turbo. Don't know it I should change stuff around because ill have to get car reyube again for few more horsepower.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM

you made 270whp with stock f22, stock cat, stock exhaust? that seems pretty normal. if not even a little higher than i would expect

also blacktrax has a dynapack, not dynojet

and most people hitting 300 have at least an exhaust, testpip or hfc ,running 10psi, etc
Old 07-23-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had the greedy on my ap1 I hit 300 on churches dyno. I had a single 3" , 70 mm TP, running at 10 psi. I then re tuned it with the cat back in and saw 280 on a different dyna pak. 270 sounds about right.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM

IMO I agree w/ most here. First, I wouldnt get too hung up on a number...with that said, stock cat, stock exhaust; 270 sounds about right. A greddy kit has been a midrange kit on every app I've ever seen or installed.

Quick Reply: greddy turbo only at 270 whp