S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GReddy Turbo and manifold upgrade?

Old 11-11-2010 | 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 9krevvin,Nov 11 2010, 09:46 AM
Are you trying to find something wrong with what I say? Obviously when I say the Turbo and manifold are WELDED together and they need to be rebuilt I'm pretty sure most people would know I meant just the Turbo. The manifold kinda goes wherever the Turbo does. I did say I was new to FI so you should know I'm not going to know everything. Which most likely means I do not know how/ trust myself to rebuild my Turbo.

Now that said if you want to help me and not make fun of me your help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Matt H.
Relax, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just really not understanding what you're getting at. I have no idea why someone would weld the manifold to the turbo instead of just bolting it together.

I'd buy the rebuild kit instead of having Greddy do it at $600ish dollars. At that point you may as well just buy a new turbo. Find someone in your area that can help you out with the rebuild, I'd imagine it can't be too hard.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by EngineerX,Nov 11 2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think he's making fun of you.
I think people here in your thread are just asking questions to get a better idea of your setup and asking you to clarify and better describe the problem.
Since you yourself said you are new to turbocharging, then the most logical thing to do is to ask you questions in a simple way so we can get a sense of what you have and possibly help you.

Mentioning there's a $100 rebuild kit in eBay is not making fun. It's a suggestion that would help you save lots of money. Sending the turbo to Greddy would probably cost more than $500.

So don't get so easily offended by the questions, I really didn't see any that were making fun of you?
I'm sorry if I overreacted. The question about the manifold seemed irrelevant and a way to insult me. The rebuild kit was a valid suggestion.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Nov 11 2010, 12:02 PM
Relax, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just really not understanding what you're getting at. I have no idea why someone would weld the manifold to the turbo instead of just bolting it together.

I'd buy the rebuild kit instead of having Greddy do it at $600ish dollars. At that point you may as well just buy a new turbo. Find someone in your area that can help you out with the rebuild, I'd imagine it can't be too hard.
Thank you for the suggestion. I do not know why they are welded either it makes no sense. Are the rebuild kits from GReddy? Is there a DIY On rebuilds?

GReddy quoted me $350-450.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:10 AM
15 Year Member

^^^
Really I don't think it was a way to insult you. I would also ask the same question because we would want to find out what is wrong with the cast iron manifold in order to help you.

question: What is wrong with it? (the manifold)
possible answers: it has hole. It's cracked. Flange is warped from being welded to turbo.... etc

We'd like to know if it's cracked, also because you said the turbo & manifold are welded we ask all these questions.

Those are parts #1 & #2 - page 6
http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/00-S2000AP1_TZ.pdf
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=9krevvin,Nov 11 2010, 10:07 AM] Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:17 AM
15 Year Member

$350 - $450 is actually somewhat reasonable, if you don't think you can do the work yourself.
Did you explain the turbo & mani are welded together? (parts #1 & #2 from manual)
Greddy may not want to work on them because of the unusual fact that they're welded.

For manifolds, look in the For Sale forums, I believe I saw a replacement manifold for sale. The eBay rebuild kits also is an option.
but it looks like you would need to be comfortable wrenching on stuff like that
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280576942143
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:27 AM
15 Year Member

in the "For sale" forum

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=828104
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by EngineerX,Nov 11 2010, 12:27 PM
Its sold.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:57 AM
15 Year Member

didn't read the whoe thread - sorry !

Anyway, there's a couple of us looking to get a different type of Greddy manifold replacement, Ramhorn style. Forge Performance gave quote but it's on the high side, maybe if we get more people interested they would lower the price (sorta like a mini-group buy) it'd be something like this (without the external wastegate and downpipe - just the manifold)

Old 11-11-2010 | 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by EngineerX,Nov 11 2010, 12:57 PM
didn't read the whoe thread - sorry !

Anyway, there's a couple of us looking to get a different type of Greddy manifold replacement, Ramhorn style. Forge Performance gave quote but it's on the high side, maybe if we get more people interested they would lower the price (sorta like a mini-group buy) it'd be something like this (without the external wastegate and downpipe - just the manifold)

It's cool...for the right price I'd be interested. How much are we talking?

Quick Reply: GReddy Turbo and manifold upgrade?