S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GReddy Turbo and manifold upgrade?

Old 11-11-2010 | 05:47 AM

Default GReddy Turbo and manifold upgrade?

I have a GReddy Turbo kit that the Turbo and manifold are welded together that I just boughtfor super cheap. Everything is perfect except the Turbo and manifold. Is there a fairly cheap (600-1200) upgrade I can do and still use the rest of the kit? I'm really only looking for 300 WHP. So I don't want anything crazy. I have a tubular manifold already with a gt28 style flange. I'm a noob when it comes to S2000 FI but have had Turboed cars in the past. I will post pictures of my parts later today. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Matt H.

Okay here are the pictures of my turbo and manifold. I was thinking I might replace the exhaust side of the turbo and buy a PFab manifold. What do you think?

Old 11-11-2010 | 07:10 AM

what exactly is a tubular manifold with a gt28 flange. Do you have a picture?
Old 11-11-2010 | 07:12 AM

He means t2 flange probably. I always wondered what a t518z could do with a tubular manifold. My guess is 300-350. Sr20's make about that on a t518z
Old 11-11-2010 | 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Revenge,Nov 11 2010, 10:10 AM
what exactly is a tubular manifold with a gt28 flange. Do you have a picture?
I don't know what the flange is actually called, but it fits the Garrett gt28 Turbo. I'll post pictures later. I really would like to stay with the GReddy setup. So if any one wants to sell their GReddy Turbo and manifold LMK. Good condition low mileage of course. If the price is right a rebuildable one.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:15 AM

This is the most confusing post ever.

The turbo and manifold are welded together how? Are they unusable? Is the T25 tubular manifold a ramhorn or a sidewinder? You need to clarify a little better in order for people to help you.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Nov 11 2010, 11:15 AM
This is the most confusing post ever.

The turbo and manifold are welded together how? Are they unusable? Is the T25 tubular manifold a ramhorn or a sidewinder? You need to clarify a little better in order for people to help you.
Sorry. The manifold and Turbo are usable, but they need to be rebuilt. I called GReddy and they said they might be able to rebuild it, but they were unsure. I will have to take pictures of the manifold.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:22 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by 9krevvin,Nov 11 2010, 12:19 PM
Sorry. The manifold and Turbo are usable, but they need to be rebuilt. I called GReddy and they said they might be able to rebuild it, but they were unsure. I will have to take pictures of the manifold.
Before you spend any money ride with Tony after he installs the Inline kit.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by 9krevvin,Nov 11 2010, 09:19 AM
The manifold needs to be rebuilt? What's wrong with it.

The greddy turbos have rebuild kits on eBay that sell for >$100 all day long.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Nov 11 2010, 11:37 AM

Are you trying to find something wrong with what I say? Obviously when I say the Turbo and manifold are WELDED together and they need to be rebuilt I'm pretty sure most people would know I meant just the Turbo. The manifold kinda goes wherever the Turbo does. I did say I was new to FI so you should know I'm not going to know everything. Which most likely means I do not know how/ trust myself to rebuild my Turbo.

Now that said if you want to help me and not make fun of me your help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Matt H.
Old 11-11-2010 | 08:57 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Nov 11 2010, 09:37 AM

I don't think he's making fun of you.
I think people here in your thread are just asking questions to get a better idea of your setup and asking you to clarify and better describe the problem.
Since you yourself said you are new to turbocharging, then the most logical thing to do is to ask you questions in a simple way so we can get a sense of what you have and possibly help you.

Mentioning there's a $100 rebuild kit in eBay is not making fun. It's a suggestion that would help you save lots of money. Sending the turbo to Greddy would probably cost more than $500.

So don't get so easily offended by the questions, I really didn't see any that were making fun of you?

With that said,
Having the turbo & manifold WELDED together is very odd. That's why people are asking questions. I don't think there's been a thread where the turbo & manifold have been welded, hence someone asked you to take pictures.

The only thing that could go wrong with the manifold is for it to crack. The manifold is the cast irong piece that bolts to the engine.

If you don't have the instructions, they're here. You can see what every part is. It may come in handy for you.
http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/00-S2000AP1_TZ.pdf

Greddy turbo manifold is the one on the top in this pic

Quick Reply: GReddy Turbo and manifold upgrade?