S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy Turbo Kit

Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=S2KSandy,Feb 26 2008, 06:52 AM] those who put the kit on without tune, will be JUST Fine.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope all you FI guys have a wideband, instead of measuring gas mileage as your indicator for your car running rich. that's horrible.

here are some must add ons:

1. turbo timer
2. boost gauge
3. wideband
4. 3"exhaust with test pipe and cel fix
5. boost controller (hallman with ceramic ball - i don't do electronic, they blow cars up)
6. EGT gauges (if you got money left over)
7. Oil pressure gauge
8. Oil temp gauge
9. transmission temp
10. setup safety limits first on any EMS. There should be more than 3 or 4 for a piggy back. AEM has over 50+++ safety features built in so you don't blow your car up.
11. lastly, Knock sensor indicator. I'm not sure if Greddy ultimate comes with one. AEM does, Hydro Nemesis don't.

and you MUST retune your safe map that comes with the greddy ultimate. That's universal map and every car is different. This is new and old, especially older cars. If you skimp out on retuning after the turbo install ($200 for retune or little more with a good tuner) then that's like buying a dog and not feeding it or teaching it to poop outside. it'll end up just crapping all over your house.

that's with every EMS manufacturers. AEM, Nemesis, Motec (well, not Motec), etc. They'll give you a safe map for you drive to the tuner after you install the kit, but that's where it should end. don't ever trust a universal map. That's there so you don't blow your car up when you start the car for a Tuner to custom tune your car.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:41 AM

FI any NA cars expensive, because these things don't come with the car as a built in feature, because it doesn't need it.

lastly, if you're really good, you'll get the oil cooler as well.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

wasnt a guideline.......i said its an indicator.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by plokivos,Feb 26 2008, 12:34 PM
i hope all you FI guys have a wideband, instead of measuring gas mileage as your indicator for your car running rich. that's horrible.

here are some must add ons:

1. turbo timer
2. boost gauge
3. wideband
4. 3"exhaust with test pipe and cel fix
5. boost controller (hallman with ceramic ball - i don't do electronic, they blow cars up)
6. EGT gauges (if you got money left over)
7. Oil pressure gauge
8. Oil temp gauge
9. transmission temp
10. setup safety limits first on any EMS. There should be more than 3 or 4 for a piggy back. AEM has over 50+++ safety features built in so you don't blow your car up.
11. lastly, Knock sensor indicator. I'm not sure if Greddy ultimate comes with one. AEM does, Hydro Nemesis don't.

and you MUST retune your safe map that comes with the greddy ultimate. That's universal map and every car is different. This is new and old, especially older cars. If you skimp out on retuning after the turbo install ($200 for retune or little more with a good tuner) then that's like buying a dog and not feeding it or teaching it to poop outside. it'll end up just crapping all over your house.

that's with every EMS manufacturers. AEM, Nemesis, Motec (well, not Motec), etc. They'll give you a safe map for you drive to the tuner after you install the kit, but that's where it should end. don't ever trust a universal map. That's there so you don't blow your car up when you start the car for a Tuner to custom tune your car.
Number one is a waste, just drive nicely before you park and wait a few seconds before you shut her off

All the gauges are fairly overbored for a simple bolt on turbo kit, maybe if you were into tracking the car it would be NICE to have but surely not necessary.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 AM

sure, it's overboard if your turbo was water cooled and oil cooled.

i don't think the 18g that comes with it is oil cooled. i might be wrong on that.

if it's water cooled, then sure, you don't need the turbo timer.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM

is it an 18g in the Greddy kit?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 AM

yes. 18g comes with the kit, but I don't know if it's oil and water cooled.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM

That's quite a big turbo then. Good for about 380bhp!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:37 PM

380 bhp? ....sigh....

... how many people in here had a turbo car before?

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit