S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy oil return

Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reborn56,Feb 5 2008, 08:02 PM

I totally agree it's recommended so more DIY'ers will purchase their kit.

"Quality.
Speed.
Cost.

Pick two."

Stanford
Old 02-05-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stantaur,Feb 5 2008, 06:11 PM

"Quality.
Speed.
Cost.

Pick two."

Stanford
And the Greddy kit is quality and cost IMO.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Soul Coughing,Feb 5 2008, 04:12 PM]Like their tubular manifold design, emanage tunes?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=Soul Coughing,Feb 5 2008, 05:12 PM] Like their tubular manifold design, emanage tunes?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Feb 6 2008, 12:15 PM
1. The tubular manifold design WAS fixed. The SS manifold is no longer available, cast manifolds are used instead--for durability.

2. There's nothing wrong with the emanage tunes. They are on the rich side, but we all know in FI, that is the safer route. And when releasing a kit to the public, safer is better. The F20/F22 motors are so high compression, and mixed with owners who aren't all mechanics or FI gurus, a lean map would be very much more dangerous. Lean would have made more power too! Greddy knows that, everyone knows that, but a leaner tune is riskier. There have been plenty of people who run the basemap just fine. The number of kits sold is in the XXX digits. The number who have complained about basemap problems on this site alone is less than two hands can count. Not every car will behave the same, so this is to be expected. There are too many variables, some motors are weaker than others and behave differently due to things like: mileage, weaker components (old coil packs, batteries, alternators, etc.) to name a few.

Yes one of the reasons why the oil return goes to the drain bolt is for ease of installation. However You guys should be happy to know that the kit already comes with an oil restrictor. For anyone that has the kit, you'll notice upon installation/inspection that the oil union fitting on the turbo side of the oil feed hose has a smaller outlet than inlet. This helps restrict the oil flow to the turbo.
What do you want me to say here? You are clearly selling this kit! My argument was that the first group of buyers for this kit did the final bit of your R&D! I personaly found a cracked manifold, and heard from the owner about the issues with the base map tune! This was not posted on S2ki! I do give you (Greddy) respect for taking back the bad manifolds and replacing them!

I agree with you about the tuning issues and wanting to tune rich, in my personal experience with the kit, the map that came with the kit were almost useless and only good to get the car to a tuner!

In regards to the oil return line, i am also going by personal experience, that drilling the girdle was the best way to stop oil seal blowby! I do give you(greddy) a for putting an oil restrictor on the line!

I am not selling a turbo kit system here, I was just responding to a blanket statement about the reasons for installing the oil return where it was! This position was not chosen for optimal oil return efficiency, but more to make it easier for DIY's to install without worrying about cracking the pan!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Soul Coughing,Feb 6 2008, 04:59 PM]What do you want me to say here? You are clearly selling this kit! My argument was that the first group of buyers for this kit did the final bit of your R&D! I personaly found a cracked manifold, and heard from the owner about the issues with the base map tune! This was not posted on S2ki! I do give you (Greddy) respect for taking back the bad manifolds and replacing them!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Feb 6 2008, 02:59 PM
What do you want me to say here? You are clearly selling this kit! My argument was that the first group of buyers for this kit did the final bit of your R&D! I personaly found a cracked manifold, and heard from the owner about the issues with the base map tune! This was not posted on S2ki! I do give you (Greddy) respect for taking back the bad manifolds and replacing them!

I agree with you about the tuning issues and wanting to tune rich, in my personal experience with the kit, the map that came with the kit were almost useless and only good to get the car to a tuner!

In regards to the oil return line, i am also going by personal experience, that drilling the girdle was the best way to stop oil seal blowby! I do give you(greddy) a for putting an oil restrictor on the line!

I am not selling a turbo kit system here, I was just responding to a blanket statement about the reasons for installing the oil return where it was! This position was not chosen for optimal oil return efficiency, but more to make it easier for DIY's to install without worrying about cracking the pan!
First of all, i hope you don't think my response was offensive. I merely wanted to answer all the addressed points.

Again, not every car is the same. In my experience, the people that had the most problems running the basemap were those who had parts that the kit wasn't meant to run w/ out of the box--like test pipe or high flow cat for example. Most of the people who had a stock car w/ the kit found that the basemap was more than enough to get to the tuner, and hardly a handicap.

As for the oil return line, it seems that you know more than me about why the oil return is where it is!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Feb 6 2008, 06:56 PM

As for the oil return line, it seems that you know more than me about why the oil return is where it is!
That's because we did the work

Marcus
Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Reborn56,Feb 7 2008, 01:59 PM] That's because we did the work
Old 02-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Feb 7 2008, 04:27 PM

that was sarcasm. What i meant was, "you know more than greddy about why the oil line is in the drain location than tapped?" He states the information like it's factual that greddy doesn't care about optimal oil return efficiency over ease of install:

Point is, yes its easier than tapping. No that was not the ONLY reason why it's like that. The oil return port doesn't have to be above the oil level, so why would greddy make it harder to install the kit if unnecessary?

And i've installed the greddy turbo kit about 5 times now (on my own). I'm quite familiar with the kit myself.
so your saying that the oil drain hole is the best position to place an oil return line?

Quick Reply: Greddy oil return