S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU

Old 07-05-2003, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greddy didn't tell me it would damage the coil packs, but I have heard that several times. Don't know if it is the same info repeated or comes from several sources. They simply said it didn't work on ANY cars that used coil on plug set ups.

Greddy told me it would only work on cars with coil packs and plug wires and if I wanted to change over it would work on the S.

The thought is tempting.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:56 AM

UR says they have it working, but doesn't know how to offer proof. I asked for a data log.

If they can prove to me they can retard I am buying a eManage and Profec boost controller & programmer from them cause that is so much easier than any other combo of controllers.

I think I will re contact Greddy and see their latest take. The last time I contacted them it didn't work and they weren't going to be working on a fix because they couldn't fill all the orders they had then. That is the same response several other people got.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot see how they got it to work but if they have kudos to UR for doing it, we have contacted greddy numerous times and they said it could not work
Old 07-07-2003, 07:04 PM

I just threw 440cc injectors in my car and we're gonna go ahead and wire up the ignition harness and see if it works when we hit the dyno (Thursday?). My tuner thinks it should work fine. I'll update you guys later in the week.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:39 PM

Well, Greddy has reconfirmed with me that it CANNOT control the timing with coil on plug systems (they didn't confirm or deny the coil damage) and UR has failed to come up with datalogs or any other "proof" they can make it work.

I don't see how the stock injector harness will work when Greddy says it won't, but here's hoping. It would be almost too good to be true at this point.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by David b
I don't see how the stock injector harness will work when Greddy says it won't, but here's hoping.
Greddy USA is just a distributor. When I called for technical support, before I installed the eManage, they actually recommended that I return it, and get my money back, since there were no local certified tuners with eManage experience. I just don't really know what I think about the people who are answering the phones and returning our emails.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:49 PM

Hahaaa welcome to the world of Greddy
Ok its known that most of those guys at greddy are pretty clueless. Its sad when I talk to a "tech" and have to explain things to him that he did not already know about his system. Those monkeys are told something and thats what they pass to us, How accurate are they?? Well we dont know. Is it possible that the emanage can retard timing. We tried it and when scanning we did not see the unit pull timing, It did not damage the ignition however. Maybe they wired it differently then we did intially?
Old 07-07-2003, 08:58 PM

i am planning to get a the e01 for my car and darryl at UR said that he would send me their tuning maps.. they are really good with customer service.. i wish i was somewhere close to their place so that they would get my car to work better
Old 07-07-2003, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys, I have been a Greddy dealer for 4 years now. And my best experience is dealing with Matt. Call him and at least he have great customer service. But he is in the R & D dept. and he's looking into this retard timing thing. And they are still trying to figure things out. I wish I can do more help on this. But we are still playing with this new system.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's no lies........UR is already running this system in their ball bearing setup! I will be running this system soon.

Quick Reply: Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU