S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU

Old 07-05-2003, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UR are using it on their car and are supplying the harness and hook-up instructions with their kit. They tell me they are running 10 psi on their car without any problems. At this time, I can only take their word for it as I have not installed my turbo yet, and in any case, I will probably go with the AEM. But UR's costumer service has been excellent, and I have to believe they know what they are talking about. It has been my experience that there are many product has on the market that have worked when the manufacturer said they wouldn't.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:55 AM

Can you give me the website address for "UR"?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2003, 07:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If UR had a working spark control system for eManage they would be shouting it from the rooftops and people would be flocking to them in droves. Not just S people, but everyone who owns a car that has a coil on plug system.

But if you are going EMS then why worry? Other than the fact that if UR has mislead you on this fact, what else have they mislead you on? hmmmmm

I have nothing against UR. At this point I am presuming they actually told you they could make the spark control work when everyone else say it can't. I simply have something against vendors "stretching" the truth just to sell product. It happens all the time in my industry and it gives the honest people a black eye. It also makes it doubly hard for a consumer to shop intelligently.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by JohnsS2K
Can you give me the website address for "UR"?

Thanks
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/
Old 07-05-2003, 07:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David b
[B]If UR had a working spark control system for eManage they would be shouting it from the rooftops and people would be flocking to them in droves.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:43 AM

I just email UR directly, let's see what they have to say.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:12 AM

Thought I would post this information from www.greddy.com

With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harrness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorperate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressue Harness" to set larger scales of ajustment.

Is this what we are talking about?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:53 AM

That is probably what UR is talking about, but that only controls units with coil packs, not coil on plug set ups.

Like I said, if you want to be sure I am positive on my facts, email or call Greddy directly and you might want to do a search here. It is a well documented fact.

I really, really wanted to use the eManage and the Profec 01 only Greddy said I couldn't. I didn't believe the MANY posters who had said it wouldn't work either, but I have since talked to several eManage tuners and they also say there isn't a workaround. I wish there were!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by David b
I really, really wanted to use the eManage and the Profec 01 only Greddy said I couldn't.
I've got the eManage and e-01 on my turbo S2000...just no timing control.

I go back to the statement Greddy made to me, although it differs from some others here...using the ignition control could damage the coil packs...and that is why they said it "didn't work" for our car.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:56 AM

fperra, when you are ready to sell.....shoot me a pm

Quick Reply: Greddy E-Manage vs. AEM ECU