S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Geez. I don't even know what turbo I have

Old 03-04-2006, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geez. I don't even know what turbo I have

I have the UR gen II kit. I believe the turbo is a T60-1, but I don't know what the hell that means. The UR website says their kit is a t3/T04 or something. I went on the garett website, but couldn't find any numbers except GT25, GT28...etc. What kind of turbo do I have? My god, I feel stupid. The reason I want to know is that I plan on upgrading my manifold and dp to Lovefab, but I don't even know what kind of turbo I need to tell Cody to build them for Help.
Jonathan
Old 03-05-2006, 05:58 AM

<---------- Idiot?
Old 03-05-2006, 07:09 AM

You are not an idiot,
Socrates once said "The only true knowlege is knowing you don't know everything." It could be worse, you could have put one turbo on one car. Then proclaim to be an expert.

The answer to your dilema is that you have everything you described.
Turbos can be brken down into three major parts: The compressor, the body, and the turbine.
-The compressor, is the part that takes in air and compresses it using centrifugal force. Its usually aluminium, and can be described as the "shiny" part of the turbo. T60-1 is the type of compressor.
-GT25, GT28, GT3071,etc, etc,.... is the center, or body of the turbo. Different types have ceramic bearings or ball bearings, are oil cooled or water and oil cooled, have different shaft sizes, strengths, and have different sized "fan wheels".
-The turbine takes exhaust gas from the engine and spins the shaft like a water wheel. It is usually cast iron or some variant and will probably be the hottest part of your engine. Depending on how much exhaust is put out by the engine, and how much boost is desired at what engine speed is dependant mostly on the turbine housing. Different housings have different bolt configuations on thier inlets and outlets. This is to accomodate an internal wastegate or just to be different. t3/T04 is the type of turbine housing. Meaning t3 type turbine inlet, T04 turbine outlet.

So if you plan on upgrading to LoveFab, knowing exactly what kind of turbine housing you have is the key. Send Cody a picture of your turbo and he should be able to identify what you need. You can either order that exact manifold from LoveFab, or you can get thier cookie cutter type and have a welder attach the flanges that you need.

I hope that I made sense. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Thanky very much. I appreciate you and Socrates.
Jonathan