S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel pump wiring causing misfires?

Old 07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
RZA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also the car ran fine for a week or so then out of the blue after I got on the throttle it started happening. Maybe coil packs?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the aem 320 e85 pump. It ran fine on pump gas but when I changes over to e85 the pump seized on me. It just stop out of the blue. I sent the pump back to aem and it was confirm a dead pump. I got a replacement under warranty. New pump work out for one day of driving. Now the fuel pump won't prime on. I contacted aem and they ask me to Sent me aem series 2 back to get inspected. I did and is still waiting on if my aem ems took a dump.

Some signs I notice when pump/ems is going bad was the pump won't prime when my aem won't connect with my laptop. E85 was use when all this started to happen. My car would lean out on some street tuning.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:35 PM
RZA

Originally Posted by Hershey
I had the aem 320 e85 pump. It ran fine on pump gas but when I changes over to e85 the pump seized on me. It just stop out of the blue. I sent the pump back to aem and it was confirm a dead pump. I got a replacement under warranty. New pump work out for one day of driving. Now the fuel pump won't prime on. I contacted aem and they ask me to Sent me aem series 2 back to get inspected. I did and is still waiting on if my aem ems took a dump.

Some signs I notice when pump/ems is going bad was the pump won't prime when my aem won't connect with my laptop. E85 was use when all this started to happen. My car would lean out on some street tuning.
Yea but if the pump would have gone bad it wouldn't start. For me it's just souttering and hesitating. Under acceleration but not at idle
Old 07-24-2015, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What spark plug are you running and what are they gapped at? I had my fuel pump direct wire to the battery and I was still having problem. I check my voltages from my ecu and I was getting 4.xx volt and the fuel pump was receiving 12.0v but that didn't kick on the fuel pump. That's why I sent my aem ems back for check up.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM
RZA

Originally Posted by Hershey
What spark plug are you running and what are they gapped at? I had my fuel pump direct wire to the battery and I was still having problem. I check my voltages from my ecu and I was getting 4.xx volt and the fuel pump was receiving 12.0v but that didn't kick on the fuel pump. That's why I sent my aem ems back for check up.
I'm running NGK BKR5671A-9 the copper NGK plugs. Gapped at .20. The problem started out of the blue after getting a new fuel pump out in that I didn't direct wire.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
RZA

Also wondering if it could be a blown ignition coil. But there's no problem at idle. Or when I have the clutch in. If I have it in neutral it will rev like normal. It's only under load
Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I had a bad coil my car sounded like a WRX at idle and low throttle conditions. The sound and performance was very noticeable.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:47 PM
RZA

Originally Posted by soulicious
When I had a bad coil my car sounded like a WRX at idle and low throttle conditions. The sound and performance was very noticeable.
Yea see mines fine at idle. Just under load it sputters and loses power.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe I'm mistaken about the wrx sound at idle. I can't remember exactly, but it did sound like one in low throttle. Maybe you can borrow a good coil from a friend or buy one and use the process of elimination.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:38 PM
RZA

Originally Posted by soulicious
Maybe I'm mistaken about the wrx sound at idle. I can't remember exactly, but it did sound like one in low throttle. Maybe you can borrow a good coil from a friend or buy one and use the process of elimination.
Think I'll probabaly do that. But you think it's either a coil or the fuel pump wiring?

Quick Reply: Fuel pump wiring causing misfires?