S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel Filter with Stock Fuel Lines?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel Filter with Stock Fuel Lines?

Is it possible/recommended/ok to run a (aftermarket) fuel filter with the stock fuel lines? If so, how would you suggest (what product, where,etc.)?

If not, what do I need to do? Stainless lines with aftermarket fuel rail? Really would like not to have to spend all the money doing that...

Just trying to figure out what my options are. I'm running E85 and have already had my injectors clog once and just would rather be able to replace a filter than have to send the injectors off to be cleaned.

Anyways, let me know what my options are please. Wasn't able to find much info on this with search.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u could replace everything, stainless line with AN fittings to a new fuel rail, or u could have a AN fitting welded on the stock fuel rail, it would be tough get an inline fuel filter to work with the stock lines, i dont think it would work
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Here's a fitting we made to make it possible to use the oem line. This adapter goes onto the hard line right at the bottom of the engine bay.

$20 Shipped

Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by FullBlown
Here's a fitting we made to make it possible to use the oem line. This adapter goes onto the hard line right at the bottom of the engine bay.

$20 Shipped

Excuse my noobiness, but how does that work? By that I mean, what does each side connect to? One side to the OEM fuel line and one side on a filter? But then how do you connect the filter to the fuel rail? Another one of the adapters on the other side? Or you're saying I need an aftermarket fuel rail and an AN line from the other side of the filter to the aftermarket fuel rail?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM

i stand corrected
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
i stand corrected
Sorry Matt
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Originally Posted by FullBlown' timestamp='1328031313' post='21369753

$20 Shipped

Excuse my noobiness, but how does that work? By that I mean, what does each side connect to? One side to the OEM fuel line and one side on a filter? But then how do you connect the filter to the fuel rail? Another one of the adapters on the other side? Or you're saying I need an aftermarket fuel rail and an AN line from the other side of the filter to the aftermarket fuel rail?

Thanks.
The OEM hard line threads into a rubber hose with a banjo fitting on it. With this fitting, you will remove the rubber line and turn the hard line into a -6. You then can use AN lines with a banjo end or use a aftermarket fuel rail with -6 on it. You can run a external regulator with this setup as well. Sorry its kinda confusing to explain
Old 01-31-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by FullBlown
Originally Posted by TerminatioN' timestamp='1328031633' post='21369774
[quote name='FullBlown' timestamp='1328031313' post='21369753']

$20 Shipped

Thanks.
The OEM hard line threads into a rubber hose with a banjo fitting on it. With this fitting, you will remove the rubber line and turn the hard line into a -6. You then can use AN lines with a banjo end or use a aftermarket fuel rail with -6 on it. You can run a external regulator with this setup as well. Sorry its kinda confusing to explain
[/quote]

I understand now. Thanks.

One more question though, what fuel filter would you recommend? Seems like there are a lot out there. Just not sure which ones are E85 safe and the difference between the filter materials, the neccesary/recommended micron filtration level, etc.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Originally Posted by FullBlown' timestamp='1328032019' post='21369806
[quote name='TerminatioN' timestamp='1328031633' post='21369774']
[quote name='FullBlown' timestamp='1328031313' post='21369753']

$20 Shipped

Thanks.
[/quote]

I understand now. Thanks.

One more question though, what fuel filter would you recommend? Seems like there are a lot out there. Just not sure which ones are E85 safe and the difference between the filter materials, the neccesary/recommended micron filtration level, etc.
[/quote]

We run stainless 40 micron filters, we have our own brand or fuelab.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:24 PM

How much can stock fuel lines with this kind of adapter support?

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter with Stock Fuel Lines?