S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel cut issues at 6200 RPM

Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your truboost is not the problem. It can't change pressures or cause the problems you having anyway. Truboost is basically just a manual boost controller with a remote control. Your problem could be related to the oil pressure going to the Vtec soleniod. I would of course immediately fix the oil leaks, and pull the soleniod off and make sure its not plugged with trash. Could have easily got a piece of something stuck in there from the oil relocation install. I'll bet they didn't flush the lines and adapter out before they put them on. Something to check anyway. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i ruled out the ems and the truboost. I called aem and they told me to unplug the truboost which i did and it ran the same without it on. I think it might be my fuel pump since it is really quiet for being a walbro 255..... It has been really quiet and compared to my buddy's car which has the same fuel pump in it. u can barely hear it...

and does anyone know the part number for the fuel filter??? i know its just like a sock that sits on top of the fuel pump assembly inside the tank, but i can't seem to find it. Everyone else is having trouble with that also.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 AM

What does your fuel pressure do right before it cuts? Does the afr start leaning out? If its not leaning out it is not a fuel pump issue. Is it more of a hard cut or a gradual lack of power like the engine is choking?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM

it looks good lol.... but all of a sudden it just dies.... i already ordered a new fuel pump from evans. I think that is the issue imo... i mean shit it has to be lol..... i hope it is...

well compared to my friends walbro its really really quiet... i mean i can barely hear it.... i remember when i installed it a year ago it was so loud it was annoying and now its as quiet or ever quieter than the stock fuel pump.

Personally i think that it is the fuel pump... the only issue i have now is finding the damn part number for the fuel filter... i called the local honda dealership and they said i had to buy the whole housing and told me to buy the sock that went on the fuel pump... but i mean i have that already and its fairly clean....

i ruled out the aem ems.. tried plugging my firends in and also the stupid truboost is ruled out also.... i unplugged it lol.... anyways if anyone can help me find the part # for the fuel filter that sits on top of the fuel pump assembly inside the tank i'd appreciate thta a lot.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

They are very helpful at times like this.

Why are you looking for a new fuel filter? I've never seen one need replacing.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM

well it was pretty clogged up from the crappy gas that was in the tank for a year... when we took the fuel pump out after a year there was like brown crap inside the filter... i guess i could just blow it out and clean it real good, but i'd have a peace of mind getting a new one. I think they're like 40 bucks if that.

but no i don't have a fuel pressure gauge... i should prolly get one... i just hate gauges!!! haha i know i should get a oil pressure gauge too just in case... all i have is an uego wideband and a truboost.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Seouls2k, trying to send you a PM but I think your box if full.

Scott-
Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 AM

Don't waste your time/money swapping the pump if you don't even know what the pressure is doing yet.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 AM

well it has to be the fuel pump at this point... lol i hope it is... anyways yeahh i dunno guys... i'm stumped
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by seoul2k
well it has to be the fuel pump at this point... lol i hope it is... anyways yeahh i dunno guys... i'm stumped
I went through my share of fuel issues last year, so maybe I can help.

Is your car losing fuel pressure (going lean) on the top end, or just losing all fuel and dying?

I was losing fuel pressure and going lean. I think it might have had something to do with my car sitting all winter with stale gas (no fuel stabilizer added...won't do that again!)

After trying 3 different fuel pumps, new sock filter, hard wired pump off the battery, etc. I was still having issues.

What finally worked for me:
Re-installed a known working Walbro 255 pump, hardwired from battery
Installed new OEM fuel pump hanger (listed as a "FILTER SET, FUEL", PART# 16010-S84-A01)
Put in another OEM sock filter (listed as "FILTER SET, FUEL PUMP", PART# 17516-S2A-930)
I used new fuel hose to connect the pump to the hanger, and also used "Fuel Line" specific hose clamps (worm clamps can pinch and not provide 100% seal sometimes)

Honestly I think something in my pump hanger was clogged, but since I did a few things at the same time I don't know for sure.

Hope this helps!

Scott-

Quick Reply: Fuel cut issues at 6200 RPM