S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel cut issues at 6200 RPM

Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cut issues at 6200 RPM

So the day of my tune finally came and when we were on the dyno we noticed that it would not go past 6200 rpm... It would just fall flat on its face... I have no idea what it could be. The graphs look nice up to the point where it hits around 6200 rpm and won't go past it. We disconnected the vtec and it went up to 8000 but still falls flat on its face... Oh when vtec engages it just hits a wall and loses all its power. Up to around 6000 rpm it was hitting 258whp at 7lbs of boost which is what my waste gate spring is.... I have no idea guys....

so far the shop has changed plugs, coil packs, fuel pump (seems to be working fine since it emptied my tank really quickly when draining from the fuel rail), changed the gas, injectors...

Could the fuel filter cause something like this to happen??? I was also thinking if the aem ems could be having issues. I don't really know if it is tho. I called AEM and they said they doubt that it is broken because if it was it wouldn't communicate with the computer... I also thought it could possibly be the AEM TRU boost, but i doubt it is since the tuner messed around with it a bit. Maybe there is a vacuum line somewhere that could be causing this.... I have paid for the tune already and they said i could just come back anytime to get it retuned. I brought the car back home so i could diagnose it a bit further.... any ideas what this could be guys???

any help would be much appreciated guys... thanks in advanced

EDIT: I think its the fuel pump.... it was stored for about 3 months on 3 bars of gas. I've heard that if you store them without gas in the tank it goes bad....
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM

I'm like 80% sure that it is the aem truboost now... I was on the road today and driving it while changing the loads and i changed the setting for A to 20% and it started boost/fuel cutting at 5000 rpm. So i switched it to setting B and it is set to 50% and it didn't fuel cut at all (i didnt floor it for more than 3k rpm from 3-6k) and it seemed to run a little better. I think i'll have to look at the vacuum lineson the wastegate and the turbo. I didn't install them, but maybe the shop accidentally switched some lines.

Other thoughts. My damn AN fittings are slowly leaking on the one line.... I hate taking these damn lines off... Should i tell the shop to fix it or not? Don't they technically have to fix it for free since they're the ones that installed it?? i don't wanna pay anymore money to get stupid little things fixed because i can get off my lazy ass and fix it myself, but im really busy because of finals, in between jobs atm, and interviews out the ass.... ANyways let me know what you guys think thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Try engaging VTEC higher. I doubt the boost controller is causing this issue unless it is causing you to hit a boost cut which might feel like breaking up.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM

we took vtec off completely. it went a little higher without vtec, but still ran into the same issues. I called AEM and they did tell me that the truboost could actually do that if it is trying to change the pressure so that it wont over boost.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 PM

I'm stumped...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 PM

Post your calibration and a data log and it will be much easier for us to help you. Sounds like your hitting boost cut
Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 AM

who is your tuner
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Is it possible that you have low oil pressure and it's effecting VTEC engagement and cutting it much like the factory ecu does? Or maybe your overboosting and hitting the limiter that needs to be set a bit higher.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 AM

I was sort of thinking the same thing. My oil filter relocation kit line is leaking for some reason. Not at the fitting, but the actual line lol.... it looks to me like someone poked it with a needle... im going to get the line replaced on monday when i get a chance and hope for the best. I can't really think of anything else that could be causing this to happen...

My theory is that since the vtec is ran off of oil pressure (is it not) and oil pressure rises as the rpm going up it loses more pressure because of the leak. If that were the case at higher rpms it would cause this fuel/boost cut issue to happen. I ran the car without the boost controller and it is doing the same thing so i don't think that is the issue at all. Anyways if any part of my theory is wrong feel free to correct me. Lol i don't actually know if the oil pressure rises or not with the rpm i'm just guessing so. I don't think that it really would rise that much if it did
Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 AM

Boost cut is setup within the AEM EMS it has nothing to do with your boost controller. Double check all of your vacuum lines and get that oil leak fixed ASAP before you catch your car on fire.

Quick Reply: Fuel cut issues at 6200 RPM