S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Which FPR are you FI guys using?

Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Which FPR are you FI guys using?

A while back I purchased an AEM FPR and planned to have it installed when I convert my fuel system from a returnless to return type. The shop that I am currently using, Speed Force Racing, suggested that I purchase a different FPR as the AEM FPR only allows for static pressure (sorry if I have the terminology wrong) and should have one which allows for dynamic pressure (probably the wrong terminology again). Anyways, they suggested I get something like an Aeromotive FPR. What do you all think?
Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Ty.

i use the AEM one, and its been fine for 60k+ boosted miles
Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

im not sure if its different because of the returnless system, but my tuner told me to get rid of my FPR when i went EMS... he said that he could control the fueling with the EMS... the FPR was used on my stock supercharger becuase Comptech could only control the amount of fueling by upping the pressure to the stock injectors
Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 PM

i have the AEM, its good if u have a fuel pressure guage to know what you are running. Alot of boosted people though do run the stock fpr because they can control the fuel by the engine management. but the aeromotive fpr is a good choice also
Old 06-09-2007, 02:01 PM

I don't think an EMS can control fuel the same way a FPR control fuel.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dsgs2k3,Jun 9 2007, 01:08 PM
i have the AEM, its good if u have a fuel pressure guage to know what you are running. Alot of boosted people though do run the stock fpr because they can control the fuel by the engine management. but the aeromotive fpr is a good choice also
Fuel pressure cannot be controlled by the engine management. It's controlled by the FPR. The stock one will work fine as will the AEM and the Aeromotive. The nice thing about the AEM and the Aeromotive is that you can control the base fuel pressure and increase the rating of the fuel injectors. You can turn an 880cc injector into a 1000cc injector. You don't want to over-do this feature though as the injectors can start leaking and sticking.
On my last build I had the AEM mounted on the fuel rail and it worked fine. I currently have a remotely located Aeomotive unit.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am using the CT one with my SC.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

2QYK - Your confusion is between OEM ratio regulators like the OEM, AEM, SARD etc and rising rate regulators like the one Comptech supply with their kit and Vortech's FMU.

The latter increase fuel pressure proportionally to boost pressure (just like the former do) but at an increased ratio. So 1lb of boost results in a 8-12lb (for example) boost in fuel pressure. This is an old-school/ghetto way of providing adequate boost for FI. It is also the way the Comptech and Vortech kits work out of the box, and why they can work without a serious ECU. But all they can really do is go pig rich up top and hope for the best.

Real tuning doesn't require some fancy mechanical FPR. Just adequate injectors and a decent way to control them. I''m using and AEM EMS, 750cc injectors, and an AEM FPR (because it's red).
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Jun 10 2007, 06:38 AM
my tuner told me to get rid of my FPR when i went EMS...
Actually what he told you was to get rid of the rising rate FPR and use the OEM one as you no longer need ghetto tuning.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Jun 9 2007, 06:48 PM
2QYK - Your confusion is between OEM ratio regulators like the OEM, AEM, SARD etc and rising rate regulators like the one Comptech supply with their kit and Vortech's FMU.

The latter increase fuel pressure proportionally to boost pressure (just like the former do) but at an increased ratio. So 1lb of boost results in a 8-12lb (for example) boost in fuel pressure. This is an old-school/ghetto way of providing adequate boost for FI. It is also the way the Comptech and Vortech kits work out of the box, and why they can work without a serious ECU. But all they can really do is go pig rich up top and hope for the best.

Real tuning doesn't require some fancy mechanical FPR. Just adequate injectors and a decent way to control them. I''m using and AEM EMS, 750cc injectors, and an AEM FPR (because it's red).
Rising rate regulator was the term I was looking for. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which FPR are you FI guys using?