S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Forced Induction headwork..

Old 08-31-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Formost I applaud someone taking the initiative to develope headwork for this platform, however I am a bit put off by the approach. Just as a point of reference the asking price is approx a months take home pay for the median salary in the US. With that in mind it appears what is being offered is someone to pay for their R&D for a projected (as in yet to be actually realized on any real s2k) ressult. I say projected because I would anticipate reported results if there were any to show. For example; stock ap1, vortech v-2 4" pulley, stock exhaust/cat and aem ems with supporting fuel mods before dyno xxx, after headwork dyno yyy.

In addition to surrendering their head (whose modifications are unreversible), paying the headwork fee, the end consumer is to also subsidize confirming the results on a dyno. This is a respectable sum considering these conditions. The purpose of the post is not to attack URGE, but point out the consumer's perspective. Anyone who has been in the import game for a long period is aware it is very easy to make claims and even easier to do on someone else's dime and motor. Moreover, many have seen lots of claims go unrealized. You have rightly qualified your claims as "theoretical" which gives you plenty of wiggle room should the gain not be seen, however for your asking price, I'd argue you modify that position to gain credibility and more importantly, customers. Again I say this not to subvert any endeavors of URGE but to point out why many may not be stepping up.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Dagle, thank you for correcting my simple mistake, another reason I asked someone to reply to my post

Urge, I agree with everything you've said. I wish I was in a situation to do a back to back test vs stock head, best I could do is run it on the same dyno but the shortblock and head would be touched :-/

I need to schedule a day with my tuner and work on what Ill want to budget for.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
Formost I applaud someone taking the initiative to develope headwork for this platform, however I am a bit put off by the approach. Just as a point of reference the asking price is approx a months take home pay for the median salary in the US. With that in mind it appears what is being offered is someone to pay for their R&D for a projected (as in yet to be actually realized on any real s2k) ressult. I say projected because I would anticipate reported results if there were any to show. For example; stock ap1, vortech v-2 4" pulley, stock exhaust/cat and aem ems with supporting fuel mods before dyno xxx, after headwork dyno yyy.

In addition to surrendering their head (whose modifications are unreversible), paying the headwork fee, the end consumer is to also subsidize confirming the results on a dyno. This is a respectable sum considering these conditions. The purpose of the post is not to attack URGE, but point out the consumer's perspective. Anyone who has been in the import game for a long period is aware it is very easy to make claims and even easier to do on someone else's dime and motor. Moreover, many have seen lots of claims go unrealized. You have rightly qualified your claims as "theoretical" which gives you plenty of wiggle room should the gain not be seen, however for your asking price, I'd argue you modify that position to gain credibility and more importantly, customers. Again I say this not to subvert any endeavors of URGE but to point out why many may not be stepping up.
Completely understood. If you have followed our other main thread, URGE designs and Endyn have spent several years developing custom S2000 parts/systems. Endyn has been in the headwork game for 30+ years and can truly considered a master. There are so many more ideas and things we want to do for the S2000. To date we have focused on a fully built NA motor and we have invested several hundred thousand in labor and custom parts and we have a long way to go. It is hard to find dyno time between Endyns other work and my travel time. I decided to offer what we have today and keep dynoing whats coming soon.

Please check out our site. www.urgedesings.com For every dyno chart or flow chart on there, there are tens more with other iterations of parts. We just wanted to offer some things for the FI crowd as well. Headwork, really is a big HP potential for FI.

Thanks again for taking the time with your comments and all them validated.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Idk guys s2k head stock flows very well. Will u make power prolly. But a FI guy can run 1psi more boost and save a shit ton of money.

As for na. U really need to up the displacement to see considerable results. Inline pro has made 300whp na but I think it was 2.7l and I think race gas.

I agree with above. Don't let us subsidize and prove the theory. Do a head. Scrounge up a car and do back to back dyno. Since u have so much money into r&d less then 5 grand more ain't gonna break you. And if it produces even 5% more power I bet u sell the service to a lot of guys on the site.

My 2 cents
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

so you guys raise the intake port floor to increase velocity and slow reversion back into the intake which i myself have done with marinetex but i had to run a higher lift cam with a different ramp design to complement the new port design was wondering if that would be the case on the f20 motor i did this on 600cc cbr and there are some pony's to be had i haven't tried it on an f20 head because i don't have access to a flow bench . so on an fi car i would think you need to start in the manifold bigger throttle body and without reversion less of a wall looking through combustion camber at the port sense the the last stage in the intake stroke isnt as disruptive as on an n/a motor should be cheaper to build an fi head ?do you want pictures of the combustion residue on the pistons to see if the flame propagation is equal all though there flow is already so good that might not be a problem but it was something i always looked at if i did port work even if the flow looked good the camber might need help but if the carbon was consistent i always thought that i was getting and even flame propagation . so i have an ap1 with comptech supercharger with 7psi boost and water meth injection i plan on replacing the keepers sense they crack i might be willing to do some ginepiging but pockets are kind of light. i would like to see your welding setup i have an old miller 330a but i dont have a torch that would fit in an intake runner would love to check out your shop if its aloudim local in dfw area and im around during the week if so pm me thanks . matt
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not received any emails! I didn't keep track of this thread. Please email me, would really like to work something out. Thanks.

juice@cncenginedynamics.com
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
As for na. U really need to up the displacement to see considerable results. Inline pro has made almost 400whp na but I think it was 2.7l and I think race gas.
ftfy
Old 09-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They made 400whp? Dang.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

I think that is in a fwd car...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
I think that is in a fwd car...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply: Forced Induction headwork..