S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Forced Induction headwork..

Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by Sideways' timestamp='1346171289' post='21970764
I've been running a modified head for 8+ years. With the oversized valves and port/bowl work it increased flow 16+ percent. This equated to a 16+ percent increase in power.

Whaaa!!?? Man I was told the cost to performance ratio of any head work wasnt really there, only thing id see is a lighter wallet... Damn, already ordered my new valves, if I had know that head work did show results I may have went that route. Definitely in for before and after results of dyno with mentioned head work.
Man, he must have thousands of hours and who knows how much money into those results. tells us all your secrets Sideways !
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by Sideways' timestamp='1346171289' post='21970764
I've been running a modified head for 8+ years. With the oversized valves and port/bowl work it increased flow 16+ percent. This equated to a 16+ percent increase in power.

Whaaa!!?? Man I was told the cost to performance ratio of any head work wasnt really there, only thing id see is a lighter wallet... Damn, already ordered my new valves, if I had know that head work did show results I may have went that route. Definitely in for before and after results of dyno with mentioned head work.
If you still have your head off, we can get 12%+ with stock valves/87mm chamber and 15%+ with bigger valve/chambers. 10% is still huge.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1346124878' post='21969570
Interesting stuff. I am in the market for getting my F20C head redone. I have not decided what Ill do, but at the very least I need guides and valves. Are the prices listed on the site page posted include valves? It does not clearly state what is included.
If you use stock bottom end and thus 87mm chamber you dont have to get new valves unless you want a refresh. Valves dont make major gains. We dont want to force you to buy new items.

If you want to go to 88/89mm chambers we can make seats larger for a bit more flow with out decreasing air velocity. In that case you will need at least new intake valves.
Interesting. I might be in the market soon. My shortblock has piston slap, and with any left over money some headwork would be really nice to have. I will be watching this thread for info.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here... in for some results
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is vary ironic to me that you posted this here as i was veiwing your thread on the na forums and was about to pm you but my transfer case went out on my evo so my s2k has been set aside for now
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Ive been thinking about this option all day at work today. The more I think about the mathematical "theoretical" gain for my car, the more i wonder if it is even possible to gain the %s' quoted.

Based off the 10% gain for 87mm bore and 15% gain for 88/89mm bore. I cant help but think a 15% gain with a current 414whp is even possible. A gain of 15% would be approx 90whp from just head work by itself. A gain of 10% seems more realistic for a 87mm bore.

I do not mean to be negative, as I am seriously considering doing this, but can some other people reply and correct me if I am taking the wrong approach to this?

I am thinking of calling my local machine shop and see what the rates are for a refreshed head for my F20C. If the rates are somewhat close to the price of the urge head, i might do it!

Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Sponsor

First, as noted, these are theoretical gains based upon tuning and supporting mods. Your engine is a giant air pump and has plenty of restrictions or "bottle necks". Most mods out there are simply reducing the bottle necks or improving air flow. Intakes, manifolds, headwork, cams, header, exhaust etc. If you open up one restriction by 10% and you still have another major restriction in the system, you wont get a full 10% increase as the bottle neck is the new restriction limiting the full potential.

That being said, the intake manifold and head tend to be the most restrictive pieces of the system as on a NA motor these are under vacuum. The exhaust side tend to have less of an effect as they are under pressure and hot gases. So when we open up the head by 10-15% NA, the intake manifold is still pretty restrictive so we usually dont hit that on NA unless you get ITBs as well. Cams can multiply the potential.

Now, FI is a different animal. Since the intake side is under pressure, it is pretty easy to hit the flow potential as long as you tune it and have enough fuel capacity. I am confident on a base head with 10-12% increase in headflow, you will can see 30-50 HP on a 400HP turbo motor plus it will spool a few 100 RPM sooner. On a supercharger, you might not see the same HP lift, maybe half, but your PSI will go down a little so it will be safer and could possible tune more HP with some timing.

Bottom line, if you engine is a part or needs a refresh head work is a no brainier as it opens up one of the 2 major restrictions in the engine. I have not heard back for H4RD ON yet but we are willing to provide a rebate if you do a before an after headwork test on your FI motor.

Email us

Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What sort of money are we talking?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Sponsor

$2000 for a turbo head, includes new valves, including inconel EX valves, aero valve guides, seals, CNC headwork for consistency with hand finishing to reduce detonation points or areas where gas can collect.

Details herehttp://urgedesigns.com/velocity.html

Old 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Ive been thinking about this option all day at work today. The more I think about the mathematical "theoretical" gain for my car, the more i wonder if it is even possible to gain the %s' quoted.

Based off the 10% gain for 87mm bore and 15% gain for 88/89mm bore. I cant help but think a 15% gain with a current 414whp is even possible. A gain of 15% would be approx 90whp from just head work by itself. A gain of 10% seems more realistic for a 87mm bore.

I do not mean to be negative, as I am seriously considering doing this, but can some other people reply and correct me if I am taking the wrong approach to this?

I am thinking of calling my local machine shop and see what the rates are for a refreshed head for my F20C. If the rates are somewhat close to the price of the urge head, i might do it!

I think you may have made a small math mistake there to sway your belief. 15% of 400whp is 60whp increase, which I don't think is too ambitious all else being equal. In for results

Quick Reply: Forced Induction headwork..