S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fiveo Motorsports Fuel Injectors

Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contributes to the topic of comparison between ID and FiveO. Carry on..
Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1327077825' post='21335703
so spending 600$ on injectors is being cheap huh

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
There is a difference between being cheap, and not wanting to overpay for something when you can get something else just as good and save hundreds of dollars.
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Thanks for the replys everyone, minus the being cheap comment.
If I'm standing behind a crowd of women and I yell out "bitch", what does that tell you about the ones who turn around?
It can tell you many things. One of which is that the people are outspoken when they hear bullshit from someone.

Regardless of your statement, last time I checked, my cheap injectors and cheaply built car still ran substantially faster down the track than yours. You can preach whatever you want about IDs being superior, but the fact of the matter is that FICs still work VERY well. Maybe not exactly 100% as good, but still damn good... The difference is EASILY negligible for most people.

The bottom line is that you only bought them because people and the internet said they were the absolute best and you absolutely had to have them over anything else, and you bought into that. When in reality, you never would have been able to tell the difference...

Not everyone feels the need to overspend on parts with negligible performance gains. Get over it.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 AM

I'm pretty sure when you first heard about ID injectors or FIC you were skeptical. Be a leader, try them out, don't go based on price. Ask for flow charts and compare. If they can't provide these numbers then my next advice is to find a reputable company that can.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Exactly, don't take anyone's word for it. Ask for real data from the manufacturers and make the decision yourself.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am confused, what is the difference between FIC and ID injectors? Are they all just Bosch injectors? Are these Hawaii Fiveo injectors FIC injectors?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM

fics are not ids, and the fiveo ones i got through full blown are labeled as the bosch ngi2 natural gas injector(perfect for e85)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tony1
Exactly, don't take anyone's word for it. Ask for real data from the manufacturers and make the decision yourself.

Despite having such a close involvement with the company, you are still posting REAL subject DATA and not personal opinion. That alone gets a from me.

I have never heard of. nor ran a Fiveo injector, I did however have FIC's in my last car and had not one single issue with them.

Still doesn't change the fact that I believe ID has the best (and best supported) product on the market and regardless of the 500$ price tag, you will still find ID injectors in my s2000

Carry on
Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Regardless of your statement, last time I checked, my cheap injectors and cheaply built car still ran substantially faster down the track than yours.

The bottom line is that you only bought them because people and the internet said they were the absolute best and you absolutely had to have them over anything else, and you bought into that. When in reality, you never would have been able to tell the difference...

Not everyone feels the need to overspend on parts with negligible performance gains. Get over it.
I guess I hit a nerve lol. I don't care what injectors you have, how much money you spent, or how much faster your car is than mine. If all that matters to you, well, I hope you feel better about yourself.

Now, let's get to the facts. ID's are the best injector you can buy right now. Period. There are comparably alternatives, but ID's are the best. The data backs this up, the customer reviews back this up, and my personal experience also stands behind that fact. If you can't afford them or don't wish to pay the money for them, that's totally understandable. Not everyone wants, needs, or can afford to have the best of the best on their car...I certainly cannot. But what I can do is get the best of what I can afford that meets my needs. Do you know the definition of being cheap is? Being cheap is buying what barely gets you by when you can afford better and purposely choose not to. My whole point is if you know the ID's are the best, readily available and meet your needs, why be cheap and get something "just as good"? Why get something questionable just to save a buck? Again, if you can't afford it or you don't want the best, then by all means go with what you can. But, in this particular case if you know enough to compare whatever injector to ID's and ask "is it worth it?", the answer is pretty self explanatory. This is the last forum on this site where cheap people should be come for ideas or opinions. One way or another, you'll learn being cheap is the most expensive way to build ANYTHING.

So if my blanket statement of "I wish people would stop being cheap" offends you...especially since I didn't call you or anyone else out...that says more about you than it does about me. Sorry if you took offense.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle
Originally Posted by TerminatioN' timestamp='1327089933' post='21336492
Regardless of your statement, last time I checked, my cheap injectors and cheaply built car still ran substantially faster down the track than yours.

I guess I hit a nerve lol. I don't care what injectors you have, how much money you spent, or how much faster your car is than mine. If all that matters to you, well, I hope you feel better about yourself.

Now, let's get to the facts. ID's are the best injector you can buy right now. Period. There are comparably alternatives, but ID's are the best. The data backs this up, the customer reviews back this up, and my personal experience also stands behind that fact. If you can't afford them or don't wish to pay the money for them, that's totally understandable. Not everyone wants, needs, or can afford to have the best of the best on their car...I certainly cannot. But what I can do is get the best of what I afford that meets my needs. Do you know the definition of being cheap is? Being cheap is buying what barely gets you by when you can afford better and purposely choose not to. My whole point is if you know the ID's are the best, readily available and meet your needs, why be cheap and get something "just as good"? Why get something questionable just to save a buck? Again, if you can't afford it or you don't want the best, then by all means go with what you can. But, in this particular case if you know enough to compare whatever injector to ID's and ask "is it worth it?", the answer is pretty self explanatory. This is the last forum on this site where cheap people should be come for ideas or opinions. One way or another, you'll learn being cheap is the most expensive way to build ANYTHING.

So if my blanket statement of "I wish people would stop being cheap" offends you...especially since I didn't call you or anyone else out...that says more about you than it does about me. Sorry if you took offense.
You hit a nerve because its annoying for people to talk down good products, just because they are a little cheaper and aren't the absolute 100% best. It certainly does matter to me. Not sure about you, but I don't build my car to be expensive and slow...

Did I ever disagree that they were the best you could buy? No, in fact I stated this in my previous post. Yes, they are the best. My whole point (which you unsurprisingly ignored) is that the difference between the IDs (the best) and FICs (extremely close to as good as the best), is NEGLIGIBLE. That means (as I said previous) I would be willing to be if there was a double blind experiment done almost NO ONE (and certainly not intermediate consumers such as ourselves) could tell the difference.

I can afford IDs. But I chose not to buy them. Why? Because $100+ is not worth a negligible difference in my opinion. If you want to spend $100 for a difference you'll never realize is there in the real world, then go for it, thats your choice. But someone (the original poster) who is obviously not worried about the marginal performance gain and more worried about saving a few bucks doesn't want to, so don't try and shove it down their throat just because you are fine with the extra cost for "perfection".

No, you're wrong. Being cheap is NOT the most expensive way to build anything. You can still be cheap and be smart about what you buy and the components you use for a build. Just like anything else there is a middle ground in everything. As I said, sure IDs are the best, but FICs are a GREAT middle ground, and will perform very nearly to the same as IDs, and will save you some money.

Like I said, I'm not offended, just annoyed at people talking down good products and trying to sell everyone the absolute best even though they don't need it and won't be able to tell the difference.

Sorry for being practical. My bad.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Originally Posted by tony1' timestamp='1327091057' post='21336573

Despite having such a close involvement with the company, you are still posting REAL subject DATA and not personal opinion. That alone gets a from me.

I have never heard of. nor ran a Fiveo injector, I did however have FIC's in my last car and had not one single issue with them.

Still doesn't change the fact that I believe ID has the best (and best supported) product on the market and regardless of the 500$ price tag, you will still find ID injectors in my s2000

Carry on
Well said, I know when my 1600s had an issue Tony was there to support any injector to replace the 1600 with no questions asked that is very good Service IMO

Quick Reply: Fiveo Motorsports Fuel Injectors