S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

First Time Turbo

Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Turbo

Going to start a build thread like everyone else. I have a 2005 S2k with 33k. Silverstone with red/black interior, all stock. This is my first time turbo, so if you notice something missing, let me know.

PFAB Topmount Twinscroll ELT manifold
PFAB Stainless steel downpipe
PFAB Stainless Steel dumptube
Garrett GTX3582R
TiAL 44mm wastegate
TiAL Q blow off valve
PFAB Stage 2 intercooler
PFAB Intercooler piping kit
PFAB High flow air intake & filter kit
PFAB Hardware kit
Turbo blanket
Heat shielding
QTP 3'' electric exhaust cutout
Hondata 3 BAR map sensor
AEM v2
ID1000 injectors
255LPH fuel pump
AEM UEGO kit
(2) Serial Data gauge
MAC boost control Solenoid
AP1 flywheel
CC stage 4, 6 puck sprung clutch
Used oil relocation kit and oil cooler from Japmuscle here on s2k
AEM Alloycraft bracket (https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/102...nting-bracket/)
Aquamist HSF4 w/ AEM 1 gal tank
AC relocation kit from ghettocrxsi here on s2k
ARP intake and exhaust mani bolts
Ferrea Beehive springs and Ti retainers
AB-speed catch can
Various switches and Misc parts to connect everything

I'm wanting to hit 500+ with 93 octane on a boost by gear high tune and have something around 350 for my everyday driving.

Most of the parts are shipping now or within the next week, so I'm kind of at a stand still.

Question:
I know I can have a low/high boost setting. Can I have a 3rd tune for race fuel (there is a Sunoco 5 min from my house that sells 100 octane, and a VP fuel dealer 10min down the road) that would be saved under nitrous control? If so, can I run 100 octane (or VP101) on my set up without changing my components? Eventually I want a dual hanger fuel pump, change the rail, ID2000 and get a 68-70mm throttle body and intake manifold to match, boost a spark and coils, but that will be down the road (after drivetrain has been upgraded).

If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice to impart, I am all ears.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM

looks like a great start to me, you got pretty much everything written down u need, a catch can wouldnt be a bad idea, i would just run 2 tunes, pump gas tune and race gas tune
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

should make 500+ pretty easily. twinscroll ftw
Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

500+ on pump may be a stretch but you'll certainly get close enough.

On good fuel you shouldn't have a problem making well over 500
Old 07-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quality parts. As the others have mentioned, you'll have no issue reaching your goals.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
.... i would just run 2 tunes, pump gas tune and race gas tune
The idea behind 3 tunes was to have an easy "everyday" driving tune, a higher boost by gear type set up for when I cruise with friends who have boost too or if someone wants to play but I am on pump gas and then a full out race tune for various track days and such. Are 3 tunes possible with AEM?

Also, regarding not meeting my goals on pump gas, I have been doing some looking and VP motorsports 109 (unleaded) isn't much more expensive than 100 unleaded. Anyone have any experience using this fuel? I would love to use e85 (I have seen some great results on here with people using it) but I don't want to completely redo the fuel system on my car just yet. Maybe a winter project in the future.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

To run e85 you only need a new fuel pump, injectors and something to tune it with correct?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rugby_Guy
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1373040078' post='22648813
The idea behind 3 tunes was to have an easy "everyday" driving tune, a higher boost by gear type set up for when I cruise with friends who have boost too or if someone wants to play but I am on pump gas and then a full out race tune for various track days and such. Are 3 tunes possible with AEM?

Also, regarding not meeting my goals on pump gas, I have been doing some looking and VP motorsports 109 (unleaded) isn't much more expensive than 100 unleaded. Anyone have any experience using this fuel? I would love to use e85 (I have seen some great results on here with people using it) but I don't want to completely redo the fuel system on my car just yet. Maybe a winter project in the future.
Yes. You can save as many calibrations as you'd like; simply upload them as necessary.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
Originally Posted by Rugby_Guy' timestamp='1373064033' post='22649458
[quote name='passmans2kny' timestamp='1373040078' post='22648813']

Yes. You can save as many calibrations as you'd like; simply upload them as necessary.
[/quote]

Thank you. I am currently reading through your build thread as we speak. Good stuff in there. Military?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rugby_Guy
Thank you. I am currently reading through your build thread as we speak. Good stuff in there. Military?
Thanks. Gov not military

Quick Reply: First Time Turbo