S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts

Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so when can we expect these mounts with the longer studs? I would like to run these asap
Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The new nuts and studs are finally in my hands. Some pictures for reference

New studs are ~12mm longer

Old stud

New stud looks much much better

Here are the new nuts Avid supplied to workaround the short subframe studs

Note, after installing & removing the nut, it will take the black coating away from the studs

Overall these mounts are moving in the right direction. I'm looking forward to the Final version where the subframe studs are corrected & lengthened.

Avid/Franklin,
When will the new brackets with longer studs become available?
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the updated measurements, Arax
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know if it's possible to just order one? I Only need the Drivers Side.........The PTuning kit revises / relocates a special kit made mount for the passenger side du to the turbo placement?

The OEM mount on the drivers side $hit the bed last week.....looks about like the picture from page #1 of this thread.

AND....Has Avid fixed ALL of the stud-length / slop / bracket / fitment issues yet?

FB let me know. Thanks
Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Batbite
Do you know if it's possible to just order one? I Only need the Drivers Side.........The PTuning kit revises / relocates a special kit made mount for the passenger side du to the turbo placement?

The OEM mount on the drivers side $hit the bed last week.....looks about like the picture from page #1 of this thread.

AND....Has Avid fixed ALL of the stud-length / slop / bracket / fitment issues yet?

FB let me know. Thanks
I'll take the other one if they don't split sets.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 AM

The sides are interchangeable. If some one buys a set,you can buy the other mount.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sata3000
The sides are interchangeable. If some one buys a set,you can buy the other mount.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
x2
Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Batbite
The Avid mounts had 3 issues. We have evidence that 2 of the 3 have been corrected.
Issue #1 - Brackets were too wide and had slop between it and the poly mounts. New brackets (version 3) have corrected the width issue and has added 2 washers per side.

Issue #2 - Studs protruding from the top of the Avid mount to OEM mount bracket were too short. Avid has corrected this by providing new studs which are 12mm longer and fit the OEM bracket properly.

Issue #3 - Studs protruding from the bottom of the Avid bracket going thru the front subframe are too short (only have 6mm thread engagement). Short term corrective action was to provide slim nuts which will bite the 6mm thread that is exposed. Per Post #190 from Avid, all new mounts will have the corrected stud length as well. Franklin from Avid states "However to satisfy anyone the next batch we'll make sure that the studs are longer and include a nylon standard lock nut instead. "

I am looking forward to receive the new mounts with all the corrections in place.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here, i wanna run these when my car goes back on the road, which should be at the end of the month, make moves avid
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM

So then.....do you guys feel that it's safe to go ahead and place an order...?

With the expectation that when the product shows up at the front door....the above mentioned issues will have been addressed and properly corrected?

An official AVID reply here would be greatly appreciated.......

Quick Reply: FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts