S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts

Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I received 4 washers today from LJ. I originally assumed there would be 2 washers per side per mount, but I guess I was wrong.

One mount fitted up just fine. You can only fit 1 washer per side, due to clearance.

The other side mount, err.... didnt fit so well

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, last shot at this guys. I will leave it in Avid's hands and Franklin assures that he will take care of the issues and I am confident that he will. He is sending everyone new mounts and brackets. The earlier version did not work at all. I went through all of the brackets and hand picked what works and it seems as though the new brackets are the only ones that will work with the four washers on each mount.

I spoke with Franklin today and gave him everyone's address. Everyone should be receiving new mounts and brackets. If this issue does not get resolved please contact me. Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM

Well you guys end up with one good one i will buy it lj. I just need on for driver side for my ptuning kit.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM

are we sending the originals back to you lj?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by FullBlown
Ok, last shot at this guys. I will leave it in Avid's hands and Franklin assures that he will take care of the issues and I am confident that he will. He is sending everyone new mounts and brackets. The earlier version did not work at all. I went through all of the brackets and hand picked what works and it seems as though the new brackets are the only ones that will work with the four washers on each mount. I spoke with Franklin today and gave him everyone's address. Everyone should be receiving new mounts and brackets. If this issue does not get resolved please contact me. Thanks

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
are we sending the originals back to you lj?
x2
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM

I sure hope (and am expecting) that the revised brackets do not have flanged out 'ears'. The bracket should be built to the correct width and be perfectly parallel with the mount itself.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by FullBlown
Ok, last shot at this guys. I will leave it in Avid's hands and Franklin assures that he will take care of the issues and I am confident that he will. He is sending everyone new mounts and brackets. The earlier version did not work at all. I went through all of the brackets and hand picked what works and it seems as though the new brackets are the only ones that will work with the four washers on each mount.

I spoke with Franklin today and gave him everyone's address. Everyone should be receiving new mounts and brackets. If this issue does not get resolved please contact me. Thanks
sounds like resolution is on the way. LJ @ FBM has the best customer service I've encountered in a long time. Buy with confidence people!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My new mounts arrived today! I was under the impression that these mounts were only available in 62a durometer rating; the box I received was marked '70a.' This is not a complaint. I actually prefer to run stiffer mounts. I'll be installing these when I get home from work Friday evening and will relay my initial impressions. The following are a few pics of the new mounts:
New mount on the left; original on the right:

New mount/bracket:

Original mount/bracket:

Parts going back to AVID (original mounts/brackets; updated brackets; washers):

The new mounts share the same dimensions as the originals
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know these mounts can be mounted on either side, but is there a preferred direction? (ie eyelets facing the engine? Facing the frame?)
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the pictures, glad these things got sorted out. to AVID for getting these replaced in a quick manner

I don't get my replacement till Friday and will also install them this week.

I haven't looked at how the mounts mount, but I would install it in such a way so that if you were to loose the nuts, the bolt would not slide out.

Quick Reply: FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts