S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts

Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still waiting on my washers (and I guess updated brackets ) illestrolla, have you tried torquing the updated brackets without the billet mount inserted? Wonder if that will help straighten the brackets?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
I'm still waiting on my washers (and I guess updated brackets ) illestrolla, have you tried torquing the updated brackets without the billet mount inserted? Wonder if that will help straighten the brackets?

I haven't torqued anything down at all.

Just because I knew something wasn't right I wanted to ensure I could still return them if it gets to that point.

If I snugged them down, no chance the washers would fit.

you can see in the pics above, I have a shot of the old bracket w/ only 1 washer, no chance id be able to get both in there.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Gold Member (Premium)Member (Premium)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I apologize if this is a little off topic, but thought it related. One of the more common complaints with urethane (as compared to rubber) is its lack of elasticity and NVH dampening. Looking at this design, would it work using rubber suspension bushings? This way you get a firmer mount compared to liquid filled, yet still keep the nice properties of a rubber mount. I'd be willing to prototype/test it.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Originally Posted by herecomesboost' timestamp='1336570898' post='21682324

I haven't torqued anything down at all.

Just because I knew something wasn't right I wanted to ensure I could still return them if it gets to that point.

If I snugged them down, no chance the washers would fit.

you can see in the pics above, I have a shot of the old bracket w/ only 1 washer, no chance id be able to get both in there.
Sorry, I was referring to the updated brackets (torqued them, then tried to install the mounts without washers). How thick are the washers? Maybe run two that are half the width of the current set? (with the original brackets)
Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, guys how are you? This is Franklin from Avid Racing, we had a QC issue with our laser supplier after these had already shipped to LJ at Full Blown. We were in a huge rush to get these bad boys out and this had slipped passed our hands. I have already been in contact with Joe F. and trying to get in touch with Kyle. Today we'll be sending the brand new sets of mounts to each that had received them and getting the old ones back. We do apologize for this issue and we are taking care of it. We feel terrible that this had happened, but we always take care of our customers no matter what, we stand behind our products. LJ will be also repunished with new inventory heading his way. Once again we do apologize for inconvience and thank you for your understanding. Here's some cell phone pics that I took of the production ones.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the update/call Franklin

-Kyle
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

so are we getting mounts and washers now? or just mounts?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yzfr6avid
I have already been in contact with Joe F.

Thanks again for the call, I really appreciate all the continuous contact throughout this process. I can't wait to toss these in!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Thanks again for the call, I really appreciate all the continuos contact throughout this process. I can't wait to toss these in!
x2
Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM

what the hell is going on here? so im getting washers from FBM aswell as some directly from AVID along with updated brackets that may or may not be the correct dimensions to support the use of the washers?

Today we'll be sending the brand new sets of mounts to each that had received them and getting the old ones back.
so does this end with everyone sending the brackets/washers/mounts theyve received back in return for complete, new, non-prototype mounts?

sorry if im coming across as a bit aggravated, but this is getting quite ridiculous

Quick Reply: FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts