S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts

Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FullBlown
I was told today, I will overnight them all to you guys.

Hoping to have these in the car before I leave for PA on Fri!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are there going to be 4 washers per mount?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
Are there going to be 4 washers per mount?
I would hope so
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM

Got home from work to find a nice package on the porch:

These were inside

2 new brackets w/ different coating than the last, and 8 washers.

Was really excited to check em out, I really wish I could say I was impressed, or that the mounts had been installed.

Coating on bracket 1&2 as well as new vs old

Certainly better than the previous, maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

On from the coating, they're mounts, you never see them, I can get over that part. Went to put them together w/ newly provided washers , brackets had some issues.

I am in no way, shape, or form trying to bash FBM or LJ as I understand this has been a collaboration between multiple parties, but wanted to see if you guys got the same. I have already expressed my feelings on the situation in posts above, and LJ has been more than helpful with offering refunds/ getting this stuff out to us. So I will keep it hopefully somewhat constructive from here on out. I don't want to buy innovative's, the mounts look great,I just wish I could get a set of these I can install!!!!

I tried to capture the brackets in the pics as best I could

new vs old

No washers

Used an old mount to show clearance w/ 1washer.

I understand these will probably straighten out a bit when the are torqued on, but even if they did, I don't think they'd work:

Who else got theirs today??????
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM

New Billet ones

Also, why no washers shown here???
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, talk about conflicting reports from Avid. I thought we weren't getting new brackets and only new washers?

I think it's pretty obvious that the washers are a workaround. Also looks like due to workmanship variability, they may not be the cheap fix he had hoped for.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, you want to run the old brackets with the washers. That is how we run them now. The new brackets will not work. I have no clue what the hell is going on. We did not ship new brackets out. I shipped everyone their washers so please use them with the old brackets.

The brackets that are on our car were tighten to eliminate the slack. It puts pressure on the bolt and was not acceptable, so I had them change the design. Then we received a batch of mounts with the same slop as the prototypes. I was told the washers were missing in the kits and that is the info that I passed on to our customers.

We have a few options here.

1. Run the mounts without washers and tighten them down to eliminate the slack

2. Run the old brackets with washers

3. Please PM me and I will send a call tag to grab them back and offer 100% refund.

Again sorry for the hassle . LJ
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor

I know a refund is not what some of you guys want to hear. I know many of you have been waiting patiently for these and expected them to be perfect, and that is what you should of gotten. I would rather take the loss on all of these, then to have a unhappy customer.

I'm not saying these mounts will not work, but if any of you are unhappy with. Then that is the best I can do, because it is out of my control at this point.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM

LJ is a business man after my own heart, sucks AVID dropped the ball tho
Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 AM

Guys, you want to run the old brackets with the washers. That is how we run them now. The new brackets will not work. I have no clue what the hell is going on. We did not ship new brackets out. I shipped everyone their washers so please use them with the old brackets.

The brackets that are on our car were tighten to eliminate the slack. It puts pressure on the bolt and was not acceptable, so I had them change the design. Then we received a batch of mounts with the same slop as the prototypes. I was told the washers were missing in the kits and that is the info that I passed on to our customers.

We have a few options here.

1. Run the mounts without washers and tighten them down to eliminate the slack

2. Run the old brackets with washers

3. Please PM me and I will send a call tag to grab them back and offer 100% refund.

Again sorry for the hassle . LJ
LJ, thanks for the prompt response here.

I doubt that even with the old brackets there would be enough room for the washers, maybe one, but would take anything short of a sledge hammer to get both wedged in there.

If running them without washers isn't how they were designed to be used, I don't feel comfortable doing so.

I know a refund is not what some of you guys want to hear. I know many of you have been waiting patiently for these and expected them to be perfect, and that is what you should of gotten. I would rather take the loss on all of these, then to have a unhappy customer.

I'm not saying these mounts will not work, but if any of you are unhappy with. Then that is the best I can do, because it is out of my control at this point.
I know you are not saying they won't work, but it certainly seems like something isn't right here. I am not unhappy with you personally, just the situation.

What is your plan for moving forward with these? Do you ever expect to have the product @ 100% or is this project going by the wayside?

From my standpoint, I've already waited a considerable amount of time after rushing to get these purchased. A refund, and me waiting to order another brand of mount will take time as well. If its possible to get these functioning, I'd love to use your product but want to ensure I am using these 100% in the manner they were designed to be used in.

Quick Reply: FBM / Avid racing Billet Motor Mounts