S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

a/f just went way up, white smoke out exhaust...

Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the responses guys! PWRMKR, I'm PRAYING that is the problem although I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

So it is safe to assume that if the car doesn't start this evening, it's the headgasket?

Thanks again guys, you're really helping me out here!

Dave
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgbfflochp,Jun 15 2005, 06:11 PM
thanks for the responses guys! PWRMKR, I'm PRAYING that is the problem although I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

So it is safe to assume that if the car doesn't start this evening, it's the headgasket?

Thanks again guys, you're really helping me out here!

Dave
best of luck Dave
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 AM
dut

Yea, check the radiator and dipshit like mentioned above. If its milky, headgasket more then likely.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by dut,Jun 15 2005, 01:18 PM
Yea, check the radiator and dipshit like mentioned above. If its milky, headgasket more then likely.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Sounds like the head gasket. Don't run the car with the radiator cap off, if the cooling system is getting pressurized by combustion pressure it may spray up on you.

With the cap on, idle it, and if you can't squeeze the upper radiator hose because it is taught like sausage, then it is most likely the head gasket.

You can also have a mechanic, hook up a chemical tester that tests the coolant for CO so that you know if it is the head gasket for sure.

Just don't drive it around and let it get hot, or else you might warp the head, or worse, warp the block, then you have to pull the motor and take it apart, just to surface the block.

Oh, btw, are you losing water? Was it getting hot? Making loud clanking noises?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Blown gasket vid.
10th one down
http://1320video.com/videos.php
Old 06-15-2005, 02:22 PM

*********** update *************

Alright, I finally made it back to my car. We popped the hood for the first time since the incident and the supercharger belt is torn to all heck. The pulley has shot the bolt and key from the shaft. I checked the oil anyway and it's not milky, nor have I lost any. Coolant is full.

We cranked it up, the A/F is staying between 16-17 on idle. No smoke anywhere (i'm guessing the white smoke could have been the pulley being burned up, and the smoke being pulled under the car and out the back?)

The valve cover has oil around the oil fill location, but I honestly don't know if that's just from spillage when I got my oil changed or not. I haven't looked at it since.

So now what does this narrow it down to? I know the supercharger belt is done, but could this have caused other problems elsewhere? I have no idea where to find that bolt and key, I'm hoping Comptech carries them. I hadn't seen one like that before. But I'm wondering why the A/F would be lean without the SC, I would think it would have richened up if anything. I don't know, I guess I'm open for new suggestions. I'm more concerned with damage control right now than getting my new belt and bolt/key. Is it safe to drive my car 4 miles to my house? I didn't hear anything that sounded like knock...and the engine sounds normal when running. The car just kind of sputters and shakes a LITTLE more. You'd have to have driven an S2000 for awhile to notice that it's sputtering IMO. (the sputter sounds like it's coming from under the driver's seat but it might just be my hearing. I think it's related to the A/F fluctuations and it's just exhaust)

Thanks again for helping out guys!
Dave
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 PM

If the supercharger isn't spinning, my guess is that you can disconnect the charge pipe to the throttle body, because the blower and all other connections, after cooler, etc. are just restrictions at this point that may be causing the sputtering. You might be fine at idle, but under load that bypass is closing, so you have some intake restrictions.

If nothing has changed on your EMS, it has got to be something else. There's no reason why you'd be running so lean on 550's unless your fuel pressure has dropped and something is wrong with the AEM regulator. But that is unlikely and unrelated to the belt breaking.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:13 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Is it possible for the aftercooler to have disgorged its coolant into the plumbing? Water getting sucked into the engine would account for the white smoke, and water getting into the compressor could have broken that, and a seized compressor could explain the shredded belt... Just a WAG.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:06 AM

No way for the water to get from the cooler to the comp inlet.

Is the comp siezed? Any oil leaking around the comp oil supply line? I don't think the belt would have shreaded, on it's own. Something caused it. If it's caused by the pully bolt backing out, well something caused that as well. Bolt not tight, siezed comp???

Quick Reply: a/f just went way up, white smoke out exhaust...