S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

EVAP line on intake manifold

Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^so you did or did not cap the actual hard lines coming from the rear of the car and terminating on the frame rail?

if not, then my setup of dual lines run to the back to dump fual vapors is just fine as i have already capped the manifold ports long ago.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

What happens when the cannister gets full of fuel vapor or saturation if it cant purge anymore? Where will the vapors or saturation go if they are trapped within the cannister if the hard line up front is capped? If I were to just remove the cannister also, what happens to the open lines that used to go to the cannister from the tank? Will they leak or can they be capped or do they still need to vent at all?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chadd, what are you still doing with EVAP/Emissions BS on your car anyways? Yank all that crap off.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:02 PM

I want to but need to know how to leave the lines from the tank that went to the cannister. Do you know what to do? Give me the exact things I need to do, minus pulling the actual hard lines that run down the car. LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh I wonder if this is the problem I am having. My cars fuel system builds up alot of pressure and I have no idea why. When I fill my car up I take off the gas cap and the thing hisses at me and blows a ton of gas fumes out. Im not talking the normal little hiss I am talking alot like I hope theres no flames around because im going to get blown up. I have the bottom line on the intake venting freely I didnt even cap it. Any ideas how to correct this problem?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 PM

If you have the AEM, then it cant vent because the Solenoid can no longer open to vent per Slows2k.

So, I assume you may be getting pressure built up, but I havent seem to notice this with mine. Although, I have the AEM and so the solenoid cant open to vent, but I have my lines still hooked up to the intake manifold. Maybe my lines are getting sucked on so hard from vacuum, even though the solenoid is closed, from driving around that its pulling the fumes and pressure from mine.

Can you do a test? Plug your T lines back into the intake and see if your pressure issue goes away. This will tell us if me having the lines still hooked up even though the solenoid is closed, that the vacuum from the intake is still able to suck hard enough to pull some fumes and pressure.

This is what concerns me and I wish Carey would give me the correct way to remove all this crap.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

Removing the Canister and plugging the lines to the canister and installing a vented fuel cap would be the easiest way to deal with this.

The FTVR (Fuel tank vapor control valve) built into the tank will still dump fuel vapor into the canister when refueling. Take the canister out will solve the problem of storing fuel vapor which turns back into a liquid when not purged.

A craptastic Autozone fuel cap that doesn't hold pressure should be good enough to vent the tank.

Old cars didn't have evaporative emissions. My old 64 Barracuda had a tank vented through the cap. It would push fuel out of the cap on hard right hand turns.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Aug 1 2010, 10:23 PM
Removing the Canister and plugging the lines to the canister and installing a vented fuel cap would be the easiest way to deal with this.

The FTVR (Fuel tank vapor control valve) built into the tank will still dump fuel vapor into the canister when refueling. Take the canister out will solve the problem of storing fuel vapor which turns back into a liquid when not purged.

A craptastic Autozone fuel cap that doesn't hold pressure should be good enough to vent the tank.

Old cars didn't have evaporative emissions. My old 64 Barracuda had a tank vented through the cap. It would push fuel out of the cap on hard right hand turns.
Thanks man.

Well crap.........Now we wont be able to take hard right turns without fuel spilling out.......One fix causes another problem. LOL

You say the FTVR thats built into the tank will still dump fuel vapor into the canister when refueling. Where will the vapor go when the canister is removed and the FTVR is still dumping fuel vapor when we refuel the tank. I'm kinda lost on this.....Or does the FTVR come off with the canister?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

I worked on another 00 S2k that spent years with a AEM. It wasn't until the car was totalled in a unrelated accident that the fuel build up in the canister was found.

It's one of those things that can be ignored for a long time before it becomes a issue.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Good to know.

I also edited my post if you could answer that for me.

Quick Reply: EVAP line on intake manifold