S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

EVAP line on intake manifold

Old 07-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default EVAP line on intake manifold

That 90 deg bent metal EVAP tube that comes off the intake manifold by the throttle body and also T's back up to the middle of the intake manifold by the head and also goes to the EVAP cannister and fuel tank; what did you guys do with that when running boost?

I was curious if it will get boost through it and start to pressurize the fuel tank or something or even lose boost pressure because of it. I believe its mainly used to track fuel fumes back to the intake manifold and burn them, but if when boosting, will boost go through that line and do anything negative or have any negative effects on anything? I currently have mine still hooked up and my BOV is T'd to it off that 90 deg bent metal tube coming off the intake manifold by the throttle body.

Is there any negative effect in just leaving it the way I have it or should I cap the tube off that goes back to the EVAP cannister and fuel tank?

If I cap it off, will anything negative happen because the fuel tank fumes cant be evacuated back into the intake manifold under vacuum or whatever?

This is the only emissions stuff I have left on the car and if the way I have it run wont hurt anything, then I'll just leave it. I also have the Full Blown twin pump setup with all new fuel lines if this makes any difference.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying I did it "right" but I have both intake ports plugged and the pcv port going to the bov. So the hard line is just venting into the engine bay.... If u want you can pull the line off the hard line near the EVAP also. You can obviously yank that whole assembly that comes off that hard line and splits to the manifold.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:43 PM

Thanks man.

I thought about doing that a while back but was told that I dont want the gas fumes just collecting under the hood. Maybe just put a good plug on it? I'm not sure if the tank still needs to vent here at all anymore or not. Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

There are 2 ports on the manifold (00-05 cars) that T into the single line to the canister purge solenoid.

I just removed the T and connect the 2 ports to each other with 1 piece of hose.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here. just took that rats nest off altogether and capped the intake mani ports. let the lines from the tank vent to atmosphere and unplugged the sol.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Jul 31 2010, 12:58 PM
There are 2 ports on the manifold (00-05 cars) that T into the single line to the canister purge solenoid.

I just removed the T and connect the 2 ports to each other with 1 piece of hose.
Will that be ok to just let that EVAP canister line be open under the hood once I disconnect the T from it or should I cap it? If I just leave it open, will it emit gas fumes into the engine bay?

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Eventually the canister will fill up with fuel vapor from refueling the car, because the EMS never purges it. Leaving the Purge solenoid line open can "vent" the canister if the solenoid is removed. You'll be smelling fuel vapor all the time under the hood.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM

So, if I just leave the solenoid hooked up, it'll stay closed and I can just pull the line and leave it open? This way it wont be able to vent gas fumes under the hood or will it vent them anyway?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

The canister will still fill up with vapor and you'll smell that. I would remove the purge solenoid and cap the hardline the solenoid was attached to. The solenoid is normally closed when power is not applied.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM

Thanks man. The purge solenoid is up by the T at the intake manifold isnt it? I think I remember seeing it attached to a rubber holder in the frame rail area. Is what you said about removing it and capping the hard line what most of you guys do?

Quick Reply: EVAP line on intake manifold