S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Eternallx's Turbo Build

Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by EternalLx
Originally Posted by egprelude' timestamp='1307563305' post='20662625
[quote name='EternalLx' timestamp='1305847077' post='20594368']
[quote name='egprelude' timestamp='1305844861' post='20594247']
Can you talk more about the solenoid valve for meth as opposed to those check valves?
Well I first had 4 check valves (one on each injector) and it worked great for awhile but then the heat or something causes it to fail very fast and the engine vacuum was able to siphon the meth out of the line even from the meth tank itself! This caused all kinds of problems in the tune.

The solenoid now is working good. I used Tees in the lines and try to keep all the lines after the solenoid as short as possible. It would still siphon all the meth in the lines after the solenoid but its just that. Doesnt seem to have an effect on the tune because of it so far.
Do you have pics of this setup? Or did I miss it...
[/quote]

My setup is really ugly.. I just used some odd brackets I had laying around an zip ties to secure it.
Here is a pic of O'Malley's setup which looks kinda cool except he is using a block instead of Tees.
I could argue that with tees theres less meth getting siphoned and less delay filling up dry lines compare to the space in that block but it seems to be working for him so

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by EternalLx' timestamp='1305847077' post='20594368
[quote name='egprelude' timestamp='1305844861' post='20594247']
Can you talk more about the solenoid valve for meth as opposed to those check valves?
The solenoid now is working good. I used Tees in the lines and try to keep all the lines after the solenoid as short as possible. It would still siphon all the meth in the lines after the solenoid but its just that. Doesnt seem to have an effect on the tune because of it so far.
This is exactly how I did mine. Yeah just some stumbling after throttle lift from the fluid post solenoid.

So it sounds like spark blow out is preventing you from making more power, I suspect there is just too much fluid with he gasoline and water/meth for your ignition system to keep up with? Once you get that resolved you can up your water/meth cc amount and make some more power. Congrats on what you got though, I’d be pretty thrilled with it

Down to 10degrees retard is quite a bit, I don't think you would want to go much less, start over heating and cooking valves I suspect. Probably good your management wouldn’t let you drop bellow that, maybe it is a preset failsafe in the software? I'm still running the stock timing map 27 degrees or whatever it is, but I’m only making about 400whp SC so hardly relatable.
[/quote]

Yeah I guess so about that timing thing. Yup I plan to go back with more cc of 100% meth this time. I lose my flow gauge in doing so but cooling mist came up with this cool new thing that measures pump volt/amp activity for failsafe. EX: if it senses higher or lower amp/volt usage then normal then it might be electrical issues or a line clog or popped off. Its not the best thing but atleast something since I cant seem to find anyone with a flow sensor that can take 100% meth.
[/quote]

100% meth will help with spark blow out/combustion no doubt, but do you think it will give you the added octane you need to add more timing from what you have gathered so far? Water is a better detonation suppressant. It’s about the right balance between percentage of water to meth and how much of this mix overall you can inject without spark blow out. It may be that you can inject much more volume of fluid at 100% meth and the sheer volume mixed with the gas will give you better detonation resistance. I guess you just have to experiment on the Dyno. Cooling is the other aspect of detonation too, and we know water cools best, so multiple angles to consider. I just settled on running 70-80%meth, seems to be the right balance for my set up. If I run any less meth, my afr will be too lean, as I’m relying on it for roughly 20% of my total fuel delivery, being I’m running stock injectors it’s a challenge. Ramble over…
Old 06-16-2011, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if there would be more gains with this setup but with full race ramhorm manifold. Also, what AFR's were you seeing on your last tune?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubtcan it sincewas ptuning mani is pretty similar to full race ramhorn mani and i dare say better since its lower down which helps spool and lower enginebay heat.

evans always tunes for a safe 11.5 a/f.