S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Emanage blue and 550cc injectors

Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Emanage blue and 550cc injectors

Ok ive been looking for some information on this and figured i would post up to see if theres anyone that could answer my questions. I have PMed a couple people to get some help...which they have.. but want to see how many of you out there use the emanage blue.

IM running a CTSC at 7psi with stock injectors and plan to remove the FMU and run 550cc injectors at the stock fuel pressure using the emanage blue. The car runs good now obviously due to the stock injectors.

How is the part throttle drivability. Any stalling? any issues with vtec crossover?

Anyone that has an emanage ultimate please chime in too cause i may consider stepping up to it in the near future if it works that much better.

If anyone could help that would be great.. If someone has some maps they can send my way so i get an idea for tuning part throttle.. I dont know how good the tuners are around here with the emanage.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird, I was thinking of plugging my emanage ultimate/rc550's in with my non-ac comptech while waiting to install my upgraded greddy kit. I was wondering the same thing considering I'm tuned on the FPR at the moment.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 PM

The tuner has to be with piggyback system, and not just tune for max power, but also for partial throttle as well.

The tuner I'm using was very honest and straight forward with me with I was in the market for an engine management system. They told me they could tune for great power on a piggyback, but my partial throttle will not be as smooth as stock compare to what they could do on a standalone system. I trusted their them and went Kpro and never looked back.

The car drives like stock when I'm just cruising around town.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:00 PM

I don't know,I'm running 6lbs boost stock and it is sweeet.Seems like alot of trouble for a lil more boost with no good tuners in your area.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM

To be honest the car runs fine now. It just how long is it going to run fine for. When are the stock injectors going to fail. I don't want to know. That's my reasoning for the upgrade.

What does kpro cost start to finish?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start to finish, about $1800. I think it's $1500 if you give them your ECU. That would mean never going back to stock.

You're running like, what, 120psi of fuel pressure now? It's about 10psi of fuel pressure per each psi of boost.

For KPro you'll also need to buy a set of sensors and other misc parts and install them. Check with thehardtopguy's website for the kit and pricing.

Then there's the tune. It's going to be a little bit more expensive to tune than Emanage. If you have a Wideband, you can do most of the tune on emanage yourself.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

partial throttle was pretty bad with the blue and larger injectors, it's really just a bandaid for a full standalone / reflash (kpro) system.

It'll work but don't expect stock driving. Vtec crossover is pretty harsh / random part throttle misfires / random rpm fluctuation.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, it's got to be the tune. In partial throttle, it was the transition from Vac to Boost for me. I guess it's in how you tune, because transition to VTEC was flawless for me.

Also, my new tuner said that all these things can be worked out.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:39 PM

It would be nice to find someone that already has these things tuned out. Doesn't the Greddy turbo kit come with the blue? How is part throttle with that. I can't see my self spending big bucks to get someone to fix up the part throttle, since that money can be spent on kpro or ems.
I don't really sit in traffic much so maybe it won't be as much of a problem. I guess I could always try it out.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Greddy comes with the ultimate not the blue...apparently it's much better

Quick Reply: Emanage blue and 550cc injectors