S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Electronic Boost Controller Question...

Old 09-19-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Boost Controller Question...

Hey guys, I just picked up a Profec E-01 and I want to install the boost controller tomorrow, but I know that I won't be able to dial it in until I bring it back to the dyno for another tune. So my question is if I would be able to hook up the boost controller with re-routing the vac lines from the turbo and the wastegate, and hook them up to the new solenoid/controller, and if I turn off the controller will the car still run off the wastegate spring? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 19 2006, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up a Profec E-01 and I want to install the boost controller tomorrow, but I know that I won't be able to dial it in until I bring it back to the dyno for another tune. So my question is if I would be able to hook up the boost controller with re-routing the vac lines from the turbo and the wastegate, and hook them up to the new solenoid/controller, and if I turn off the controller will the car still run off the wastegate spring? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
yes it will still work off the wastegate spring
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by AROD,Sep 19 2006, 09:16 PM
yes it will still work off the wastegate spring
Good to know, thanks again for hooking me up. I'll slap this bitch on tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 19 2006, 10:18 PM
Good to know, thanks again for hooking me up. I'll slap this bitch on tomorrow.
hmmm, u shold've asked me first

I am sure it's a good unit for controlling boost but i could not get the damn thing to work. Even after calling profec, which by the way they do not even have a clue how to even do it. Either that or I spoke to some schmuks.

I would honestly recommend a manual unit. when I tried what they said my boost curve was all over the place, did not even make sense at all.

But good luck regardless.

PS. I am only using it to datalog as I connected my wideband to it.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:43 PM

i see you are using EMS why not just get a GM boost solenoid? just curious.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kwando,Sep 19 2006, 09:43 PM
i see you are using EMS why not just get a GM boost solenoid? just curious.
I actually have a GM boost control solenoid, but I figured that it would be too much of a PITA to get set up so I thought I would go with an electronic boost controller instead. Looks like this is going to be a different headache now, damn.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Sep 19 2006, 09:40 PM
hmmm, u shold've asked me first

I am sure it's a good unit for controlling boost but i could not get the damn thing to work. Even after calling profec, which by the way they do not even have a clue how to even do it. Either that or I spoke to some schmuks.

I would honestly recommend a manual unit. when I tried what they said my boost curve was all over the place, did not even make sense at all.

But good luck regardless.

PS. I am only using it to datalog as I connected my wideband to it.
Hey, O'neil... can you check for me how you set up your vac lines so I can double check how I am thinking it should go. I know that the pressure sensor needs to be tapped from the FPR vac line (I already have my BOV and Boost Gauge tapped off here, is it ok to tap it a 3rd time?). Then I am thinking that the "COM" port on the solenoid valve should go to the top of the wastegate, and the "NC" side should go to the compressor tap on the turbo. Is this correct? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=XclusiveAutosports,Sep 20 2006, 12:22 AM] Hey, O'neil... can you check for me how you set up your vac lines so I can double check how I am thinking it should go.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 AM

^ Thanks bro. I'm going to install it now. If the controller doesn't work out then i'll just uninstall it and go with a manual setup. I was just looking for something that can allow me to change between low/high boost on the fly so I can use the tune I have now for daily driving and then have a tune for 8 or 9psi for the hell of it.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 20 2006, 01:23 PM
^ Thanks bro. I'm going to install it now. If the controller doesn't work out then i'll just uninstall it and go with a manual setup. I was just looking for something that can allow me to change between low/high boost on the fly so I can use the tune I have now for daily driving and then have a tune for 8 or 9psi for the hell of it.
Well, with a simple manual boost controller, you can turn the know on the fly also

Quick Reply: Electronic Boost Controller Question...