S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

E85 vs 93&meth

Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Both have pros and cons, but I have to say water/meth has far less cons, it is so much more versatile. The one con to water/meth injection is it is one more thing that could fail, but are nullified if you choose to run fail safe measure (there are several ways to go there) Pros - Yes you can achieve equivalent octane as E85, you can in fact surpass it if you choose by the ratio to water you want to run and the size nozzle/nozzles you want to use to inject. Running on gas gives you much more efficient partial throttle running which is where you spend 95% of your driving, then you get all the benefits of E85/race fuel with the water/meth. The water % in the injection actually boost trq and removes heat better then any E85 or race fuel can depending on your calibration. You can get more then a 125-150 miles to a tank of gas, you dont have to worry about potential fuel system compromises and you dont have to deal with finding E85 stations. These are a few things off the top of my head.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Both have pros and cons, but I have to say water/meth has far less cons, it is so much more versatile. The one con to water/meth injection is it is one more thing that could fail, but are nullified if you choose to run fail safe measure (there are several ways to go there) Pros - Yes you can achieve equivalent octane as E85, you can in fact surpass it if you choose by the ratio to water you want to run and the size nozzle/nozzles you want to use to inject. Running on gas gives you much more efficient partial throttle running which is where you spend 95% of your driving, then you get all the benefits of E85/race fuel with the water/meth. The water % in the injection actually boost trq and removes heat better then any E85 or race fuel can depending on your calibration. You can get more then a 125-150 miles to a tank of gas, you dont have to worry about potential fuel system compromises and you dont have to deal with finding E85 stations. These are a few things off the top of my head.

thanks, i know there are multiple types of failsafes depending on what system you run. Also i read you can run the signal to your ems as a failsafe also, using one of the inputs like nitrous or something cant remember. Ill be running haltech or AEM when i finish getting all my parts in.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by USAF_S2K
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1332214807' post='21525180

thanks, i know there are multiple types of failsafes depending on what system you run. Also i read you can run the signal to your ems as a failsafe also, using one of the inputs like nitrous or something cant remember. Ill be running haltech or AEM when i finish getting all my parts in.
Right, so you take that signal to map switch to a timing map that is conservative enough to not detonate without meth. You can run a flow sensor to read flow, and if it reaches a less then proper rate from any kind of flow failure like a pump failure or leak in the line, it will send a signal to a solenoid which dumps boost at your bov. These are the main two methods I'm aware of.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM

might just roll with that option, aem kits are around 450 but any worthwile kit should have the option to link up with the ems for failsafe options.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by USAF_S2K
might just roll with that option, aem kits are around 450 but any worthwile kit should have the option to link up with the ems for failsafe options.
I'd probably steer you towards a better quality kit from Snow performance or Devils own. I was never fully happy with the AEM kit, to compromised and their progressive controllers are cheap and unreliable.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM

I am a huge fan of Water/Meth, but given the two options, E85 is the clear winner.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize if this is off topic or in the wrong direction of this thread but to make 450 you can just run 93 by itself. There seem to be a good number of people making 450 on 93 with no meth. I vote e85 over 93 & meth if you have pumps in your area. Availability seems to be one of the major reasons more of us dont run e85 :-(
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 PM

yea your right, i would just like to easily make 450 and be able to make over 500 with just a few more lbs of boost without really pushing it on pumpgas.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive been making over 600whp on 94+100% meth for a whole summer of hard abuse. No issues here.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 PM

dang 100%, what pump are you running? some cant handle 100%

Quick Reply: E85 vs 93&meth