S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

E-Manage Ultimate to AEM Standalone.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Manage Ultimate to AEM Standalone.

Make me understand what the EMU is incapable of for our cars that people with FI running 12+psi always switch to a standalone? I have yet to find somebody running a setup at my goal of 15psi with an EMU although there's no evidence it cant be done.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Jason@PSI: "The main reason for the change to the AEM was more around drivability issues then more performance. The AEM allows for a greater amount of EMS control which produced a better quality tune"

AEM was well worth it
Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM

I see, I see. I respect what the guys at PSI have to say so I appreciate the quote. I'm still curious if anybody is running the EMU on a high boosted s2k though. I think the biggest issue with the piggyback is having it work enough around the ecu to ensure a quality tune.

Does the stock ecu really make it that hard to tune an EMU on? What kind of quirks tend to pop up?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by silex,Jun 22 2009, 04:04 PM
I see, I see. I respect what the guys at PSI have to say so I appreciate the quote. I'm still curious if anybody is running the EMU on a high boosted s2k though. I think the biggest issue with the piggyback is having it work enough around the ecu to ensure a quality tune.

Does the stock ecu really make it that hard to tune an EMU on? What kind of quirks tend to pop up?
This subject is highly debatable. Since I can't type 100 wpm and can't do this in a 3d map (tuners will get that) I will give a simple response anything is possible its just a matter of time and money. I prefer to use AEM because I know it well. I have a huge library of custom maps that have a lot time into. I can use those as a starting point and do a complete tune in a hour or so, if need be. I could list a ton of pro's and con's for each EMS solution, but its probably best if you just give me a call and I can explain this in greater detail for you.

Jason

Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the response Jason! I'm more curious than anything to hear what people have to say. I do my own tuning and I have a general grasp of what it entails for a boosted application coming from supercharged BMW's and Evo's. The Greddy interface leaves something to be desired with, but overall it's not bad and I'm willing to learn.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silex,Jun 23 2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the response Jason! I'm more curious than anything to hear what people have to say. I do my own tuning and I have a general grasp of what it entails for a boosted application coming from supercharged BMW's and Evo's. The Greddy interface leaves something to be desired with, but overall it's not bad and I'm willing to learn.
Rather than the Greddy I would focus on the AEM EMS or Piggyback and Hondata. Personally I went with the AEM EMS so that I did not have to work around all the issues with a piggyback but the Hondata works well also. If you are good tuner you can explore avenues for other unit
Old 06-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a few tuners and they won't touch a greddy. They'll work on ANYTHING but a greddy . They think it's too quirky.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

I had the emanage and now have the aem ems. The car drives better then it did when it was stock. If you can spend the money get the ems, if not the emanage will work the car will just run differently.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by stitos2k,Jun 23 2009, 12:43 PM
I know a few tuners and they won't touch a greddy. They'll work on ANYTHING but a greddy . They think it's too quirky.
it probably depends a lot on what kind of applications they do, but in general, (and i hope i don't get a lot of backlash for saying this) stand alones tend to be the favorite over piggybacks because they tend to be easier to tune. With a piggyback, you need to know how the stock ecu is working, how the piggyback works, then how they will work together to get your outcome. with a stand alone, you plug in what you want and don't have to worry about something else interfering (stock ecu).

Most good tuners will work on either piggyback or stand alone, but prefer stand alones for the above reason (among other reasons). Those tuners that absolutely will not touch piggybacks usually had bad experiences with them and/or just plain aren't good at it. I've talked to a lot of tuners who just don't understand how to use piggy backs at all!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:34 PM

I run 16psi on my greddy emanage ultimate. It can be done, it takes a lot of tuning though. My tuner encourage i use a emanage just because he believes its very capable.
Here is the link to my thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry16188639

It drives as good as stock, occasionally the start up is weird, but most the time it is with the air pump still in.

Quick Reply: E-Manage Ultimate to AEM Standalone.