S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout

Old 08-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Druz,Aug 8 2009, 12:10 AM
Because they were having problems on the dyno the first go around
They did have a lot of problems on the dyno. I really don't think second chances should be allowed though. It's just not fair to the other companies.

Bad tank of gas? Really?

Darryl
Old 08-10-2009, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by TelosHedge,Aug 8 2009, 02:10 AM
if UR showed up wiht an 8psi setup and SOS showed up with a 13psi setup, how can you possibly compare that?

and now - because sos just happened to show up withe most power, they get blamed for cheating?
I agree. SoS should not be faulted for anything. Their kit performed well based on DSPORTS score card and rules (or lack thereof).

Darryl
Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My impression was that dsport was more concerned with promoting the advertisers than doing a factual comparison test. I did enjoy the DVD for what it was.
Darryl,
Props for going all the way to Cali from TO for this shootout. Robbie's positive feedback on the power delivery at entry level boost is a testament to the kit. The least boost I even ran on my kit was 16 psi/440 whp therefore my impressions of track characteristics are a little different than that of Robbie's.
You guys should have thrown a map sensor and a boost solenoid on the car. 10 point deduct and all the SC killing power you want.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ultimate Racing,Aug 10 2009, 06:47 AM
Wasn't actually me that you had met. But hey!

Darryl
Well I met someone from U-R lol my car was the vortech car.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:05 PM

I just bought the issue and read it, and it was well worth the money, if only for the S2K shootout. Eliminate the aero penalty and KW would have won by 6 points instead of losing by 4, so I think it was fairly well done. I liked the breadth of criteria used in the comparison, and found the magazine to be informative and entertaining. Hell, I even liked the ads! Good stuff.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Hey SOS when will your kits become carb approved.

Swiftoy
Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Just picked up this issue. Congratulations SOS!

Any word on the CARB certification?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 73Zero,Aug 11 2009, 10:38 PM
Just picked up this issue. Congratulations SOS!

Any word on the CARB certification?
read a few pages back... not at this time.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by s2000isu,Aug 8 2009, 06:24 AM
The video was good. I didnt really agree with the driver on some points but what do I know. One thing of many that I found interesting was his description of the vortech kit. He basically said its harder to control you cant get into the throttle as much or its too much power? I never once thought that about my vortech my car feels stock just with more power so I dont get that.

All in all I think it was a cool magazine but I dont trust them at all and do not take anything they say seriously. I would have also preffered seeing another driver test the cars.
regarding the vortech kit, you have to remember what setup was ran and that when i would touch the throttle, the rear tires would immediately break lose since we had a 235 street tire on there. Like I told Paul that day... If the Vortech car would have had a larger rear tire and possibly even an r-compound, it would be much more manageable. But for what I was given to drive, that's the feedback I had. I don't know if you track your car at all, but when you're at the apex of a corner and rolling on the power with all the weight on practically your outside rear tire, a small throttle application in the Vortech car would produce a larger gain in horsepower making the rear tires lose grip. Where as the UR car would produce less of a gain and be more "drivable" through a corner, resulting in a higher exit speed.

just my .02...

-robbie
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Aug 12 2009, 03:29 PM
regarding the vortech kit, you have to remember what setup was ran and that when i would touch the throttle, the rear tires would immediately break lose since we had a 235 street tire on there. Like I told Paul that day... If the Vortech car would have had a larger rear tire and possibly even an r-compound, it would be much more manageable. But for what I was given to drive, that's the feedback I had. I don't know if you track your car at all, but when you're at the apex of a corner and rolling on the power with all the weight on practically your outside rear tire, a small throttle application in the Vortech car would produce a larger gain in horsepower making the rear tires lose grip. Where as the UR car would produce less of a gain and be more "drivable" through a corner, resulting in a higher exit speed.

just my .02...

-robbie
Why no 0-60 & quarter mile times like the other cars? Which car felt faster in a straightline?

Quick Reply: DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout