S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish they had more than one driver test all cars. If possible, maybe someone like Tyler McQuarrie..
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=juntuned,Jul 30 2009, 09:36 PM]I hope you are basing your decision on something other than the results of this shootout. Like I previously predicted, it was not a fair test. Who cares who dyno's the most. The fact is SOS was tuning the car the whole day with an obvious objective to obtain the highest horsepower. Constantlly changing the boost and messing with the tune isnt exactly an accurate assessment of the kits.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:38 AM

props to all the forced induction kits who took part. This is a really good tool for those who are looking for bolt on numbers. everyone should chill and utilize the article for what its worth. 350 349 348.5 its all relevant, but remember the real racers aren't telling you what there really running that's how they stay on top. So all you testosterone junkies relax, read, and be appreciative for the theatre that is being provided for us.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soulicious,Jul 30 2009, 11:46 PM
I wish they had more than one driver test all cars. If possible, maybe someone like Tyler McQuarrie..
tyler and i have very similar racing backgrounds...

if we had more than one driver, then we there would be variance in the data for the on-track results and feedback.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by juntuned,Jul 30 2009, 10:36 PM
I hope you are basing your decision on something other than the results of this shootout. Like I previously predicted, it was not a fair test. Who cares who dyno's the most. The fact is SOS was tuning the car the whole day with an obvious objective to obtain the highest horsepower. Constantlly changing the boost and messing with the tune isnt exactly an accurate assessment of the kits. Ofcourse that was directed to entice people like you to buy their kit. Which of course Im sure will work, which is sad.

Chris.... I wasnt there to witness the shootout obviously and I respect that there are always 2 sides to every story. However its hard for me to believe I'm being lied too by reputable people that i know that were there.

The fact is the boost was raised for the dyno.... miraculously tuned for higher boost, then suddenly boost dropped back down to run even with the other cars and got TROUNCED on the track. Doesnt sound like a company that I would want to support.

My 2 cents... but there's always going to be hater's... haha... at the end of the day... its still a great kit.... just not fair to rant and rave about being the winner and using that as a sales banner!
Now, owning a competitors system I can understand would make you somewhat biased. However, accusing us of cheating is really being a poor sport. We did not do any tuning at the dyno (I fail to see your point of this regardless). My laptop was at the hotel - so that would have been pretty difficult. If your "sources" are talking about a laptop being used at the track event - it was, and in all S2000 at the event, to download the GPS system's track data that was being used by the magazine. I leant my laptop to the editors when their laptop stopped working.

Please, don't shed a negative light on positive results of many individuals hard work.

regards,
-- Chris
Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Jul 31 2009, 10:52 AM
tyler and i have very similar racing backgrounds...

if we had more than one driver, then we there would be variance in the data for the on-track results and feedback.
Robbie did a great job. With the amount of traffic, I'm impressed that he was able to produce such consistent lap times - not to mention the heat, then rain, and shuffling around the cars while being able to provide off the cuff reviews. A lot was asked of him that day. Thanks again for your hard work at the event.

-- Chris
Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOS did cheat they provided that nice bucket for Robbie to sit in and set good lap times.. haha jk

all the kits are good, I'm not biased. I'm happy with the power my car made but a tad upset they docked me for an off the shelf exhaust
Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Brutus,Jul 31 2009, 01:08 AM
I have been following the forced induction forum here for almost 3 years. I read nearly every post relating to S2000 SC systems, and their modification. DSPORT writeup and video was just the icing on the cake. I liked the drivability aspect about the SOS kit most.
Anyone who is interested in forced induction should do half the reading that I have.
Juntuned, I hope you find a long term solution with your setup and that you never break down again. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=718904 if not theres always SOS !
Centri is the best "driveability"?

Maybe I'm wrong but if you use speed-based boost or gear-based boost with turbo you get better "driveability" in terms of predictable power/traction, and you also can have MUCH better low and mid-range power.

Or maybe a turbo car would have been penalized if it had a boost controller
Old 08-01-2009, 08:08 AM

I ruled turbos out of my decision long ago. sure you get the good old seat of the pants feel, but thats not what I was looking for. heat, reliability, smooth delivery, and expandability are the factors that won the day.
this will be a setup for me that I could never afford when I was young.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus,Aug 1 2009, 11:08 AM
I ruled turbos out of my decision long ago. sure you get the good old seat of the pants feel, but thats not what I was looking for. heat, reliability, smooth delivery, and expandability are the factors that won the day.
this will be a setup for me that I could never afford when I was young.
All of your reasons come off a bit vague aside from the smooth delivery. Care to expand? (feel free to PM me)

Quick Reply: DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout