S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout

Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Jul 29 2009, 10:38 PM
Road Atlanta is a great track... i like racing there. Most clubs will have "instructors" but yea, pro coaching is the way to go if you really wanna learn and get the most out of driving. I fly all over to coach, so next time I'm in that area I'll let you know...
Sounds great! E-mail me through this website if an opportunity or date arises.I don't feel confident enough to hit a track without some instruction. John
Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
woo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm from Canada, I can't find this issue
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by woo,Jul 30 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm from Canada, I can't find this issue
Head over to North Van,go to Lonsdale street and 15th,on the corner,there is a store with a green awning with white letters that says "Mcnews",they sell nothing but magazines and news papers from around the world,if you can't find it there,it does not exist.

I get all my magazines from there.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM

PM me if you can't find it. I'll ship you one (with paypal)
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Woo, Try save-on

I have found D-sport at a few places the last few days. just not the right issue.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM

me too, i even bought the august issue because it was plastic wrapped and didnt think september would be out this early. now im stuck with a useless magazine full of wrx/sti mods and parts.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 PM

What were the SOS numbers on the dyno after they changed the pulley?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Just got finished watching the DVD...it had all of the subjective driving feel comments that were completely missing from the article...thanks again Robbie for a job well done.

The sad thing is, if you watch the rest of the DVD you'll see that the bone stock 370Z's lap time beats all the boosted S2Ks except for the Kraftwerks...and the Evo X MR beats them all.

I love driving my S to death and I will NEVER sell it. That being said, it's still kinda upsetting that AP2 + corner-balanced coilovers + rims/tires + brake upgrade + KW high boost kit is still slower than a stock Evo X MR.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Brutus,Jul 28 2009, 02:54 PM
I picked up DSPORT a little while ago. I'm inspired...
now I can see the future its a trip to SOS.
I hope you are basing your decision on something other than the results of this shootout. Like I previously predicted, it was not a fair test. Who cares who dyno's the most. The fact is SOS was tuning the car the whole day with an obvious objective to obtain the highest horsepower. Constantlly changing the boost and messing with the tune isnt exactly an accurate assessment of the kits. Ofcourse that was directed to entice people like you to buy their kit. Which of course Im sure will work, which is sad.

Chris.... I wasnt there to witness the shootout obviously and I respect that there are always 2 sides to every story. However its hard for me to believe I'm being lied too by reputable people that i know that were there.

The fact is the boost was raised for the dyno.... miraculously tuned for higher boost, then suddenly boost dropped back down to run even with the other cars and got TROUNCED on the track. Doesnt sound like a company that I would want to support.

My 2 cents... but there's always going to be hater's... haha... at the end of the day... its still a great kit.... just not fair to rant and rave about being the winner and using that as a sales banner!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by juntuned,Jul 31 2009, 12:36 AM
I hope you are basing your decision on something other than the results of this shootout. Like I previously predicted, it was not a fair test. Who cares who dyno's the most. The fact is SOS was tuning the car the whole day with an obvious objective to obtain the highest horsepower. Constantlly changing the boost and messing with the tune isnt exactly an accurate assessment of the kits. Ofcourse that was directed to entice people like you to buy their kit. Which of course Im sure will work, which is sad.

Chris.... I wasnt there to witness the shootout obviously and I respect that there are always 2 sides to every story. However its hard for me to believe I'm being lied too by reputable people that i know that were there.

The fact is the boost was raised for the dyno.... miraculously tuned for higher boost, then suddenly boost dropped back down to run even with the other cars and got TROUNCED on the track. Doesnt sound like a company that I would want to support.

My 2 cents... but there's always going to be hater's... haha... at the end of the day... its still a great kit.... just not fair to rant and rave about being the winner and using that as a sales banner!
Trounced on the track???

Did you see the lap times?

All were within a seconds of each other with SOS coming in 2nd

Quick Reply: DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout