S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout

Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up DSPORT a little while ago. I'm inspired...
now I can see the future its a trip to SOS.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by hazmat,Jul 27 2009, 05:34 PM
that is what i read as well from the article...
Unless the dude was carrying a spare pulley and dyno in his back pocket it was probably left alone
Old 07-29-2009, 06:51 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@SoS,Jul 22 2009, 06:23 PM
Foremost, I suggest waiting until the article is published so that you may understand the testing criteria before jumping to conclusions.

As I've mentioned in earlier, there was no limit of any kind in the DSport magazine competition against pressure or peak horsepower. It was the competitors choice to bring whatever they liked as long as the system functioned on a stock engine and any options to produce this power were accounted for in the total cost of the system. The higher the cost of the system, the more points would be lost as a result. This was a tradeoff that each competitor had to calculate.

The products we used for this competition is an off the shelf stage 2 system, and any customer may purchase this from us. In fact, many already have.

Our goal was to show what our system is capable of with an off the shelf system. It was not our decision on what other companies decided to bring to the competition and in my opinion further underscores how flexible and expandable our system is.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Fantastic numbers for an off the shelf kit. This stage 2 kit may be the new, easiest way to hit 400 whp. A tubular turbo kit should be able to do it with 10 psi or so, but probably with added cost and reliability issues.

Tim
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=archtop,Jul 27 2009, 01:28 PM] On the DVD the test driver says the PSI was turned down on the SOS car
Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Jul 29 2009, 09:12 PM
hey guys... i'm the "test driver" for DSPORT and did all the driving for the S2K challenge. now i don't remember exactly what i said verbatim, but i don't believe i actually said they turned down the boost. i did say the SOS car didn't have the seat of the pants feel like it put out the highest HP or boost pressure, where other cars felt like they accelerated "harder" than the SOS car.

i haven't gotten my copies of the dvd's yet, so i'll have to re-watch the segment to see what i actually said.. LOL

but, all the cars were very well put together. the test was really a way to see how different these kits are and what is best for what YOU want out of your car. just use the data for that and you can't go wrong. if you want big power, you can go with X kit. if you want a good, drivable street car, go with Y kit.

hope you guys found the article to be educational and a way for you to make a choice in what kit you want for your S2K.

see you guys at the track!

- Robbie
My apologies Robbie it's in the article page 124 "The SOS vehicle was generating 13.6 psi while the stage-2 kit is rated at only9.5 psi.The boost pressure was corrected prior to the road course competition"..
I enjoyed your test drive the most,I still feel the stats in the article were off but you did a great job and seemed very objective offering great advice.

I'll edit my statement to reflect my mistake.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by archtop,Jul 29 2009, 09:43 AM
My apologies Robbie it's in the article page 124 "The SOS vehicle was generating 13.6 psi while the stage-2 kit is rated at only9.5 psi.The boost pressure was corrected prior to the road course competition"..
I enjoyed your test drive the most,I still feel the stats in the article were off but you did a great job and seemed very objective offering great advice.

I'll edit my statement to reflect my mistake.
no worries bro! you just got me thinking about what i said on camera...

i was brought in to provide a third party view from a professional driving standpoint and hope i portrayed that to the readers/viewers. i literally showed up that day not knowing what kits were on these cars, what dyno #'s they put out, etc. i just drove them and gave my input... again, there are kits that are better suited for some people and it all depends on what your end goal will be.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Jul 29 2009, 09:56 PM
no worries bro! you just got me thinking about what i said on camera...

i was brought in to provide a third party view from a professional driving standpoint and hope i portrayed that to the readers/viewers. i literally showed up that day not knowing what kits were on these cars, what dyno #'s they put out, etc. i just drove them and gave my input... again, there are kits that are better suited for some people and it all depends on what your end goal will be.
I have a KW kit and I choose it for daily street driving here in the mountains,very narrow winding roads.Plenty of power with good low end torque. I think that was what you mentioned in your test drive. I just watched the vid again, nice job!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by archtop,Jul 29 2009, 10:02 AM
I have a KW kit and I choose it for daily street driving here in the mountains,very narrow winding roads.Plenty of power with good low end torque. I think that was what you mentioned in your test drive. I just watched the vid again, nice job!
thanks! i really liked the KW kit, it had great drivability, good power, and it was just fun to drive. very comfortable, predictable (in terms of power delivery), and man would it like to get sideways. plus, oscar jackson is a stand up guy and know he will produce a good product.

take your car out to the track! you'll have a lot of fun with it.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by MontinolaRacing,Jul 29 2009, 10:06 PM
thanks! i really liked the KW kit, it had great drivability, good power, and it was just fun to drive. very comfortable, predictable (in terms of power delivery), and man would it like to get sideways. plus, oscar jackson is a stand up guy and know he will produce a good product.

take your car out to the track! you'll have a lot of fun with it.
I would love to do a track day at Road Atlanta but feel I need some instruction from a pro driver.It must be fun,I'll make it one of my goals.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by archtop,Jul 29 2009, 10:09 AM
I would love to do a track day at Road Atlanta but feel I need some instruction from a pro driver.It must be fun,I'll make it one of my goals.
Road Atlanta is a great track... i like racing there. Most clubs will have "instructors" but yea, pro coaching is the way to go if you really wanna learn and get the most out of driving. I fly all over to coach, so next time I'm in that area I'll let you know...

Quick Reply: DSport Mag: Honda S2000 Forced Induction Shootout