S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Does this sound like a bad BOV or turbo.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound like a bad BOV or turbo.

I have a 2000 Ap1 with a Inline turbo get, the stage 1 kit. It has been running perfect but I noticed all of the sudden im losing boost at the top of 3rd gear, it ran fine through 4th but I didnt take it all the way but the power came on fine. This happened yesterday and today I went through 3rd and it poped flames at redline and was fast as ever. Tonight I rolled in 3rd and it like hesitated again like it lost boost and was not right for sure. I noticed the BOV is not closing when I popped the hood the blowoff valve was like almost all the way open while it was in neutral? When im driving and stop in neutral and pop the hood the blow off valve is not closing. I could feel a little air coming out of it too. I have had the Inline pro kit for about 3 years now maybe the BOV is going bad but when I stop the car and cut the engine off it closes most of the time. The engine is brand new and runs fine no overheating could it be the turbo? or is it the Blow off valve?, somethings losing boost the lines look good im stomped as always. PLease any thoghts would be so helpful. Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 05:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It is normal for the BOV to be open at idle
Old 10-29-2010, 05:23 PM

The blow off valve should be open at idle..

Which blow off valve of theirs do you have? (they have 2 styles they sell/sold)
Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you hitting a boost cut on your EMS? I have been hitting my boost cut lately as I was tuned when it was 110 out. Now that its 50 out, spooling much faster and lotsa creep. Hitting boot cut. Check it out.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 PM

PLEASE ANSWER THANKS.Yeah inline pro tuned it when it was hot outside in the summertime.It seems to not pull as hard in 3rd like loose boost for sure than in 4 it feels fine also in 2nd it feels fine and boosts hard all the way to 9k. Okay if it's not that something else happened 3 weeks ago. The KN filter to the SC61 Turbo blew off. But I only drove around for maybe 2 days at the most with out noticing it, it rained one of the days!!!!!!!! Could I have sucked water into the motor, or damaged the turbo???? The car is not overheating and is running fine no smoke still seems to be running and pulling perfect.The Blades to the turbine werent damaged and spin fine, could I have damaged the turbo????
Old 10-29-2010, 07:20 PM

Please somebody read and help me with this , so I won't start another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What does your boost gauge say during the pulls?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaundice,Oct 29 2010, 08:07 PM
Are you hitting a boost cut on your EMS? I have been hitting my boost cut lately as I was tuned when it was 110 out. Now that its 50 out, spooling much faster and lotsa creep. Hitting boot cut. Check it out.
This. Mine was the opposite. Mine was tuned for winter and was running pig rich in the summer and idled like shit! Had a 50 degree day like when she was tuned and she was making 1st gear useless like she was before.

Yes your BOV will be open at idle. I had the same issue and your vacuum at idle opens the BOV and it will close while holding boost.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:52 PM

I know I should have a boost gauge but I don't, I think maybe it is the AEM EMS because it the engine idles and runs fine no funny noises or nothing it runs fine the temperature is not hot just doesnt pull hard in 3rd gear at around 8000rpm and up it just , the only word I can think of is it's losing boost. Could my turbo be damaged from the filter breaking off and me not noticing for 2 days???? When I first go into 3rd or do a pull it pulls perfect, feels like it always had but bogs out at the top of 3rd. Any Ideas? You really think it needs to be tuned again because it's cold now and I got it tuned in the dog days of summer. Could it be anything else??? Thanks you guys are great at helping.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:56 PM

It's the typical silver blow off valve that comes with the stage 1 turbo kit. It's on there website just the real basic silver one with the groves in it. What about the tial 38mm wastegate?, could it be bad. What are the symptoms of a turbo going bad???? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Does this sound like a bad BOV or turbo.