S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Direct Port Nitrous On Itb's

Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Port Nitrous On Itb's

The topic pretty much gives you a idea of what we are talking about. I wanted to buy a motor that was able to do 2 things. One being keeping the motor built as a NA and have it be able to use Forced induction ( Nitrous) . Running the 2.1L setup with a 12.0:1 CR was done for that reason. I still wanted High Compression to make some more hp but also wanted a Motor that could rev past 10,000Rpm which was which bore was the only thing changed while still using the same stroke. With the head fully built i felt that flow is there. Also I went 1m oversized on the exhuast valves because I planned on spraying nitrrous on the motor. In my sig my mods are listed for motor work.

I know have Twm 52mm itbs of the car. car is getting tuned now to work with my setup. Once I have my NA side of things taken care ... Hoping for around 275whp NA. Now comes the Nitrous side of things. I wanted to be able to use spray whenever I really wanted to increase hp to around 400whp . That way I could still drive a very fast NA car then if I wanted the extra power to play with or to lay some numberes down at the drag strip I could use it. The problem is now running the nitrous nozzel in a direct port config and also the octane requirements its going to take. My idea is to use the aem standalone to conrol the activation of the nitrous as well as timing control. Then the fuel tabels I can increase duty cycle with come in handy but one thing still has be thinking about octane. Running 12:0:1 pistons on nitrous can be very tricky. My plans are to run a standalone Methanol injection system along side the nitrous activated by the standalone. That way I would not have to use race fuel whenever I wante to inject nitrous. If I did that Then I wouldnt have to use meth and I could use the nitorous fuel tables to raise duty cycle. But since I dont wana fuel high octane fuel all the time I throught meth injection would be perfect . Kinda alot to think about my these are some ideas of how it would work. Any info and just some ideas would be great from everyone.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Moving to FI
Old 06-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Bad Idea!!!!

There is no plenum to contain the nitrous that is being sprayed into closed valves. One false move or backfire and boom. I was once in a lengthy discussion about this and we came to the conclusion that the only way to do it would be to make them fire with the injectors on the intake stroke.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would this be any different to doing Direct Port on a standard manifold?

Each Nitrous injector is shooting straight down the runner into the head in both cases
Old 06-18-2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by WLAURENT,Jun 18 2006, 09:01 PM
Why would this be any different to doing Direct Port on a standard manifold?

Each Nitrous injector is shooting straight down the runner into the head in both cases
What happens when you spray your waterhose into a small bucket at full force. Back splash. Same thing will happen with ITB's, the throttle plate is wide open and NOS will be spraying on closed valves a good portion of the time with nowhere to go but atmosphere. At least with a normal intake manifold it has other runners to go in. It would be highly unlikely that it would overcome the vacuum of the motor and make its way out the throttle body.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM

I hope you get better gains with those ITB's than I was around to see. What cams are you using because the factory cams just wont make it.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM

real quick.
redo your fuel system. run a larger line from the tank. i dont care if you have to do a fuel cell at the rear, and toss the stock tank completely. just do a nice fuel syetm, return style.
NOW, use the EMS to adjust pulse width while on the spray, yes for the activation, and for the timing adjust.
run 110 leaded. call up VP, or the likes, let them know what your doing, and they will suggest the latest concoction for your application. they have tons. who cares about the lead, it only shortens the life of your wideband by about 25%. and your not gonna be living on the spray anyways.
IF you are that concerned, 100 octane unleaded will still go quite far, but not as far as a solid nitrous compatible leaded fuel.
as for the backflow, since you wont be spraying raw fuel down the runners, youll have very little to worry about. the rate of flow/reversion at high RPM is low. youll be OK, just use EMS to *window* the spray. turn it on at about 4500 rpm, and off where you feel safe, 9500 or so. if you have any other questions, ask. i shall help. im a nitrous nutcase. i can also connect you with the best pulseable solenoids avaliable. my buddy is a distributor.
that way you can leave on a small shot, and ramp up. no need to be blowing the tires off on 125 shot all at once. and nitrous with high CR is a dream. you wont have any concerns. my next motor. (non honda) 14 to 1 CR, with 200 + spray. later dave
Old 06-19-2006, 07:42 PM

I can always mount the nitrous nozzel on the manifold runners thats fine, But it seems now that I need to figure out when i can spray or if the spray is going to have to pulse with the injectors. Then I must figure out how to tie in the methanol injection system along with it. I could use the secondary injector function on the standalone to control a set of injectors. If I only had a stock intake manifold it would make things alot better but I have to work with what I have. If I were to make a plate that went between the manifold and head that had a place to put injectors and the nitorus nozzel I could do that. Aquamist has a system that will work with your duty cycle of the injector. Then whenever swtich ( 1) Lets say activates, the methanol system will come in via control of the standalone then the nitrous can be activated and mixed along with the methanol. I could use the Nx nozzel to inject both nitrous and methanol together but we wont be able to control it along side the injectors, it would just spray constant. Just keep throwing up ideas, thanks.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:26 PM

half the time when i post, im asleep. LOL, just getting off work. sorry, i now saw what you said. your gonna run on alky. IMO thats a pita. too much cleaning to do ect. BUT your car WILL haul ass, and sound like it had 400 hP NA. LOL so yeah, your safe with your current ideas. just adding time to the injector cycle while spraying. just make sure you speak with someone (NOS etc) who knows alky/nitrous combo jetting. its no easy deal. youll need a ton of alky to begin with, just NA, then youll need TON on spray. so youll have 750 injectors, and im thinking thats way to big to be run NA 90% of the time. so, what you said will prob work best, have an extra set of injectors to spray when on the jug. but man, for all this work, you better be able to put down the power. cause your torque production is gonna be through the roof. alky plus spray, youll have a cobras2000, LOL, 400 wheel hp, and 550 wheel tq. i wanna see how this comes out. gonna be a helluva ride. later