S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cusco lsd 1.5 80% trys to kill me with 420whp

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000' timestamp='1330017103' post='21443155
[quote name='CKit' timestamp='1330004896' post='21442351']
If they really build drift cars, they would be using a 2-way (identical on and off power). Not a 1.5 way.

Also, how many miles on your R888s (were they scrubbed in?) and were they up to temp?

The diff was allready on the car had it for a couple years with the greddy kit never had a problem at that power.
The r888s have 50% left on them and yes would have been cold it was -1 out but dry.
I had to let off to stop myself hitting the curb with the front off the car
maybe the tires were cold, broke loose, and the one with traction just hooked the car. idk....ckit has serious experience with these things, id trust him. wait till its warmer out then drive the car and see what happens. preferably a road that is wide with no curbs to smash into.
[/quote]

Ive gone over it again and again and thats what i came up with as well ,would this be the same with the stock lsd?

The car is being retuned with a AEM ecu at the moment so when i get it back i was going to find a BIG open space to get used to the car .

Huge problem with the uk, the roads are very small with lots of ditches everywhere cheers for the replie.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a high quality clutch style LSD makes a world of difference in these cars. ATS, Carbonetic and OS Giken are my favorites. I have experienced instances where the cusco diffs failed and they do not appear to be as strong as some of the others. If you know the car well and it is reacting strangely, i would suggest to sell the cusco and get a better LSD
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 PM

first of all your running a hardcompound tire on the street. it a very bad idea to do that and even worst when its cold out. your problem is that the rear tires will heat up faster because you are spining them like crazy. now u have heat in the rear ties and no heat in the front. guess what happen your car will start pushing (understeer). that is what happened to u. your tires are your problem when it cold. second a good street tire will give u more grip over time u only get so many heat cycles from your race tire. your wasting your tires and making them turn into garbage by running them on the street. lastly dont listen to drifters 97% of them dont know what they are talking about. so i hope u change your tires our wait till it warms up a bit. hope that helps u out
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Touge Master
first of all your running a hardcompound tire on the street. it a very bad idea to do that and even worst when its cold out. your problem is that the rear tires will heat up faster because you are spining them like crazy. now u have heat in the rear ties and no heat in the front. guess what happen your car will start pushing (understeer). that is what happened to u. your tires are your problem when it cold. second a good street tire will give u more grip over time u only get so many heat cycles from your race tire. your wasting your tires and making them turn into garbage by running them on the street. lastly dont listen to drifters 97% of them dont know what they are talking about. so i hope u change your tires our wait till it warms up a bit. hope that helps u out

This puts my mind at rest nice one mate .I will go and find my old wheels and put a set off soft compound street tyre on for the cold weather and leave the diff for the moment .
Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 AM

^
cool i would always run a street tire on the street i use to get lazy back in the day and run my soft a032r on the street and ruin them. i took a set that i ran alittle on the street to road america track and had shit level of grip on that set that i used on the street to the other set. well have a good one bro and keep driving the car like you do. sounds like u really drive the s harf like it was ment to be.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by CKit
If I were a betting man, I'd bet you lifted (even if you didn't realize you did). With a 1.5 way, if there's steering input your arcs are going to be very different on vs. off power (the definition of a 1.5 way diff).
Does this mean 1.5 way is less predictable and more difficult to drive than the Torsen? ie, when backing off throttle to tighten line, or throttle steering/modulating through a series of course elements? I keep hearing throttle steer and control becomes easier with a 1.5 way, but what you said above seems to be the opposite. I know you have experience with it, so would appreciate if you could explain further.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 PM

Set at 80% across a bumpy forest road the rear was all over the place,with a stock one back on alls good,the poo has stopped coming out :-) .If you have one set it at 60%.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 PM

But for drifting it was great :-)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

I really have no complaints with the OEM torsion diff, Its very predictable and hooks up when it should, never felt like it was hindering me in what I was expecting to do. With that, id be interested to see what I'm missing with a 1.5 way. So far i'm not sold.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 AM

I really love when people ask a question, get an answer, don't like the answer, argue their point to someone with more experience giving them the correct information.. Seems legit.

Quick Reply: Cusco lsd 1.5 80% trys to kill me with 420whp