S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

CTSC cant figure out where this goes..

Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure I understand the issue, take a pic. The crank pulley should line up perfectly with the compressor pulley...and the idler pulley should "push" on the belt to make it snug.

And the person who told you that the air pump hose needed to be connected to the charge pipe or you would lose boost...not true as mentioned, but you need fix that hole...and if you are running it with it not fixed you will not see boost. I am not familiar with the brand of gauge you are using, but most of them will not read 0 even at idle, because they measure vacuum when not in boost.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by kerm1t
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1354081007' post='22176131
[quote name='kerm1t' timestamp='1354074300' post='22175974']
[quote name='starrman' timestamp='1354072813' post='22175924']
The "hoses" to the bov and gauge are vacuum lines, not sure but I think they are 10mm lines. That original pic that you posted with the green on the hose...that is as said before, part of the air pump crap that you don't need. There is also a second one, the all come from the air pump which is mounted behind the bumper on the drivers side...I just pulled it all out, not needed or used.

so basically i can just have nothing connected to the open hose and it should be fine?

someone told me the car wont see boost unless the air pump is connected to the chargepipe..?
Not true. Just make sure the charge pipe is plugged/sealed. Air injection hose filtered and tucked away somewhere as mentioned in PM is fine.
[/quote]

nice. nice.

is there a wrong way to install the pulley? my crank pulley and SOS seems to match but not my tesnioner pulley. whenever i check after i crank it up, it looks like its only half way on.

maybe my crank pulley isnt actually matching..?
[/quote]

matching how? Ribbed/non ribbed? Tension pulley will not be ribbed, becuase the outside of the belt rides on its face, unlike the blower and crank pulleys. Alignment can be off if the rubber bushings on mount plate are worn typically, or you didn't mount it right, one or the other Send a pic of the issue.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by starrman
Not sure I understand the issue, take a pic. The crank pulley should line up perfectly with the compressor pulley...and the idler pulley should "push" on the belt to make it snug.

And the person who told you that the air pump hose needed to be connected to the charge pipe or you would lose boost...not true as mentioned, but you need fix that hole...and if you are running it with it not fixed you will not see boost. I am not familiar with the brand of gauge you are using, but most of them will not read 0 even at idle, because they measure vacuum when not in boost.

but my gauge is blinking red..
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kerm1t
Originally Posted by starrman' timestamp='1354151375' post='22178150

Yeah, not sure about that...if it is functioning properly and is installed properly you should be seeing vacuum at idle and when you boost. It obviously has power or you would not have the blinking light...how do you have the sensor connected?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by starrman
Originally Posted by kerm1t' timestamp='1354158895' post='22178368
[quote name='starrman' timestamp='1354151375' post='22178150']

Yeah, not sure about that...if it is functioning properly and is installed properly you should be seeing vacuum at idle and when you boost. It obviously has power or you would not have the blinking light...how do you have the sensor connected?
[/quote]

thanks! got it sorted out