S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

CTSC cant figure out where this goes..

Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off its a front mount I/C, not the CT Aftercooler the OP is installing. This was originally my kit and for a DBW AP2....then it was sold like a dirty horror to a few members and now another new member.

So the AP1 has two nipples on the intake pipe /> Meaning if I purchased that AEM pipe in your pic it has "two" nipples on it?

Here is how you should set it up unless you have an additional hose that I did not for the AP2. You can use the nipple off the elbow and that will go directly to your valve cover vent. In the pic of Kaan's car I think what your seeing is the BOV hose and how we routed it vs. how I routed mine. Our cars are identical so I know there is not any additional hoses run to the charge pipe.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 PM

added another...not sure what else you need to connect....I think your confusing stuff that isn't being used or is routed differently from one members car to another. All you need to focus on in my pic is where the hoses go. Again I suggest installing and taking a picture to confirm you have it installed correctly. I also think once your installing and reference my pic or the install instructions, assuming they stayed with the kit, you will have a better understanding then looking at a bunch of pics where the end result is the same but possibly routed differently to give the illusion that something is different when its not.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM

The last pic you posted that conection goes from the blow off valve to any vaccum conection in the intake manifold and as your pic shows has a T for you to split the signal and conect a boost gauge inside the car. That would be to a very small nilon tube line. The big one you showed before usually goes to the air box non-boost side thats why you cant conect that on the boost presure side of tube and thats why it appears blocked off to avoid loosing boost. Conect it to the filter box or you can leave disconected with a small breather filter as someone already mentioned.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 AM

forget how it is/was in his pics.../>my pic is exactly what the OP is installing. It shows you exactly how to route everything.

just install it already and send me pics after you have it installed and I will be happy to confirm your connections and vacuum lines. go eat some turkey and then start installing it
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM

i got my defi boost gauge connected but its not reading any boost? it just keeps blinking red.

what size are the hoses supposed to be from the manifold to the bov and the gauge?

I was also told, leaving that hose off wont make any boost. is that true?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "hoses" to the bov and gauge are vacuum lines, not sure but I think they are 10mm lines. That original pic that you posted with the green on the hose...that is as said before, part of the air pump crap that you don't need. There is also a second one, the all come from the air pump which is mounted behind the bumper on the drivers side...I just pulled it all out, not needed or used.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by starrman
The "hoses" to the bov and gauge are vacuum lines, not sure but I think they are 10mm lines. That original pic that you posted with the green on the hose...that is as said before, part of the air pump crap that you don't need. There is also a second one, the all come from the air pump which is mounted behind the bumper on the drivers side...I just pulled it all out, not needed or used.

so basically i can just have nothing connected to the open hose and it should be fine?

someone told me the car wont see boost unless the air pump is connected to the chargepipe..?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM

also my boost gauge doesnt seem to be reading any boost. i have a defi BF and is it supposed to be about 0 at idle? it just blinks red. i have my bov and boost connected the way passnu2 showed. right brlow the throttle cable.

i feel like i might be using too big of a vacuum hose maybe?

i think ive read somewhere its a 1/8 but i think i have something a little bigger than that

my pulley doesnt seem to line up in the middle either. The groove side seem to match, but seems like the back side doesnt compeltely sit down the middle? did i get something backwards
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by kerm1t
Originally Posted by starrman' timestamp='1354072813' post='22175924

so basically i can just have nothing connected to the open hose and it should be fine?

someone told me the car wont see boost unless the air pump is connected to the chargepipe..?
Not true. Just make sure the charge pipe is plugged/sealed. Air injection hose filtered and tucked away somewhere as mentioned in PM is fine.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by kerm1t' timestamp='1354074300' post='22175974
[quote name='starrman' timestamp='1354072813' post='22175924']

Not true. Just make sure the charge pipe is plugged/sealed. Air injection hose filtered and tucked away somewhere as mentioned in PM is fine.
[/quote]

nice. nice.

is there a wrong way to install the pulley? my crank pulley and SOS seems to match but not my tesnioner pulley. whenever i check after i crank it up, it looks like its only half way on.

maybe my crank pulley isnt actually matching..?

Quick Reply: CTSC cant figure out where this goes..