S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

CTSC Aftercooler coolant pump broke

Old 06-15-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSC Aftercooler coolant pump broke

The S as it sits in my garage today

after noticing that my car seemed to be bogging down a bit as the weather temperatures went up i started to suspect that something was up.

Well friday (wich was freaking hot!) the car was again feelling slugish and not as responsive as its' own normal self , i pulled onto the garage after returning form work and noticed that the aftercooler was scorching, just as hot as the blower WTF!

started by checking the coolant level on the aftercooler and it looked ok, but after close inspection noticed that the water was fkn hot as hell LOL (found out that the hard way ) started the car and at this point i figured that the water wasn't circulating throught he aftercooler AGGH! waited til' the car cooled down and took the bumper off checked all the wiring and conections, the relay etc etc. everything seemed ok, at this point i was fearing the worst... the damn coolant Pump!

as the last piece of the puzzle i took the pump off and oppened the damn thing up and found my answer, apparently some coolant leaked into the pump's electric motor and fried the whole thing, a mess of charred conectors and corrosion inside the little motor were a pretty good indicator that i had found the culprit of my problem

now, is there an alternative to this pump, maybe one that wont fail like this one did?

I remember reading about people running the front mount aftercoolers and using bigger/stronger pumps to circulate the increased volume of coolant through the larger aftercooler.

does anyone know what pump were used on those applications? or should i just stick with a direct replacement?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i remember somewhere that the pump is from a nautical bilge application. I would start looking for something there, or just called up comptech and get their's!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Former Moderator

get a vortech pump.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the vortech pump stronger than the comptech because the comptech is like a small aquarium pump its so weak
Old 06-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Jun 15 2008, 11:46 AM
i remember somewhere that the pump is from a nautical bilge application. I would start looking for something there, or just called up comptech and get their's!
Thanks, Is that the same pump as the Vortech ones?

anyone has the part number of the pump?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Maybe I'll sell you min vortech pump.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 PM

Hmmh, see my other post above, I also noticed that my aftercooler in my vortech setup was very hot, unusually hot. My pump is still working, but obviously not to full power, need to find a garage where they can replace it.

Andreas
Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 PM

I though the pump was a Bosh!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by RISLAR,Jun 16 2008, 01:15 PM
I though the pump was a Bosh!!!!!
Ok, you guys want the history?

It's Bosch/Hella, it's originally used in BMW's but Ford and vortech used it for their SC aftercooler systems because it can handle up 400 degress temps, not all pumps can. There are 3 different ones that all look the same (two identical) but have different GPM.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Jun 16 2008, 10:18 PM
Ok, you guys want the history?

It's Bosch/Hella, it's originally used in BMW's but Ford and vortech used it for their SC aftercooler systems because it can handle up 400 degress temps, not all pumps can. There are 3 different ones that all look the same (two identical) but have different GPM.
Well there we have it, you learn something new every day Good info

Quick Reply: CTSC Aftercooler coolant pump broke