S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cracked Greddy Manifold :(

Old 02-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=parkerdw,Feb 8 2008, 12:50 PM] This was my cracked Greddy manifold from last year.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Here our my two cracks . I called greddy and they said they will send me out a new manifold, but they are not sure if they can cover installation. Unfortunately my car is still at a shop so I am hesitant with what to do.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by cloudx71,Feb 8 2008, 03:28 PM

-20 for this weld job.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sunhita,Feb 8 2008, 05:30 PM
I am sorry to be off on the topic, but do you experience any rattle around 3k rpm on this setup?

I notice on the picture, the manifold is touching the down pipe...

No, I can't recall any noises beyond all the usual sounds a turbo s2k makes back when I had the first manifold. I am almost 100% positive the new cast one does not make contact like the old one also. I have noticed a very mild resonance vibration I can feel thru the pedal but it almost impossible to notice unless you are really in tune with the the car like I am. A passenger would never be able to feel anything out of the ordinary. I assume its just a side effect of hanging all that aftermarket metal all over the engine.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM

geez...these Greddy guys really need to find a real welder.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:36 PM

hey parker do you know how long it took for the manifold to come? my car is sitting at the shop right now so i dont know if i should limp it home or leave it there. i just dont want any problems and hope they cover the installation.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by cloudx71,Feb 8 2008, 06:28 PM
Here our my two cracks . I called greddy and they said they will send me out a new manifold, but they are not sure if they can cover installation. Unfortunately my car is still at a shop so I am hesitant with what to do.
When I discovered the cracks, I was forced to continue to drive the car (since its my only daily driver) for another week until Greddy shipped the new manifold to my original turbo installer in Lansdale, PA.

Before it arrived I called Toshi and asked him to cover installation. He told me to get my installer to call him on the phone just before they installed it so they could come to an agreement over the hourly rate they were willing to pay. My installer did that then faxed a copy of the invoice to Greddy to get reimbursed. I never had to pay a dime. Just suggest this option to Toshi as I recall him also hesitating when I asked him to cover my installation fees. He just can't agree to _anything_ right away because there might be some shady installer trying to rip him off by charging crazy hourly rates. He'll come around. Just be polite.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by cloudx71,Feb 8 2008, 06:36 PM
hey parker do you know how long it took for the manifold to come? my car is sitting at the shop right now so i dont know if i should limp it home or leave it there. i just dont want any problems and hope they cover the installation.
I think I got it in about 5 days from the time they agreed to ship me a new one. I can't remember exactly but I don't think I was driving around with that awful, smelly, rattling cracked manifold for more than 1 week. I should not have driven it at all, but I took my chances and it held together until I could get back to the shop.

My car sounded just like a truck and smelled like a poorly maintained yellow school bus that whole week.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpnoy,Feb 8 2008, 03:43 PM
Greddy was very professional, i also had the cracked tubular manifold, and they replaced it free of charge with a cast manifold. Talk to toshi or tim, very cool guys to deal with. I fortunately live close to greddy east division and i was able to meet up with toshi and tim personally at the warehouse. But just tell them your situation, and they'll take care of you
I'd be upset if they just gave me a cast one - did they at least give you the option? The cast one must be making much less power right?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by afwfjustin,Feb 8 2008, 04:35 PM
I'd be upset if they just gave me a cast one - did they at least give you the option? The cast one must be making much less power right?
I believe they are all cast now................

Quick Reply: Cracked Greddy Manifold :(