S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Congrats to Bolisbuilt

Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this isnt the norm thou, if there were plenty of guys in low 10's on stock drivetrain i'd be excited. but this guys car is just a ticking time bomb.

now im not discrediting his work, very very good job with the low 10 pass on stock stuff. keep it up (for as long as the stuff holds up)
Old 11-07-2010, 05:36 PM

if this car hits 9's on a completly stock car, it will be amazing!!! surly not the norm, but definatly amazing indeed!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by m R g S r,Nov 7 2010, 07:56 AM
this isnt the norm thou, if there were plenty of guys in low 10's on stock drivetrain i'd be excited. but this guys car is just a ticking time bomb.

now im not discrediting his work, very very good job with the low 10 pass on stock stuff. keep it up (for as long as the stuff holds up)
I know its not the norm for the s2000 but cars where breaking drivetrain parts left and right this weekend at MIR. I have three friends with supra's that tried to race this weekend, one broke two rear ends, on broke a rear end, and one broke a transmission. The track was STICKY and the weather was cold. you couldn't count the number of rear drivetrain parts that were broken. I watched the Bolisbuilt car make their pass and the car held together. Not saying they didn't get lucky, or that the car would have made any more passes but i made more passes then alot of other cars haha.

BTW, the car looked and sounded great. I wanted to come take a closer look at the car but i never saw where you guys were pitted.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 PM

One of my most favorite cars on this forum.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:32 AM

Thanks Carey for posting this!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words!

What a weekend! They always throw a sick event for WCF!
We ran two new PB's - one in the S2k as well as one in our all motor CRX.

Call it luck, call it whatever you want but it has just worked well for us. I would never have thought the drivetrain would have held this long - it has to go at some point.

Knowing that MIR would be hella sticky I kept the launch conservative on the car. Ask anyone that sees it - she bogs of the line and then comes to life. The car is pretty well dialed in and I know what it likes and what it doesnt. Also, Chris does an AWESOME job at driving the car down the track.

On Sunday the bump got moved to 9.77 for True Street so I threw some more boost at it but the car spun pretty hard in 2nd and 3rd end we ended up getting cut. I made some changes to the tune and planned on making another pass but with all the oil downs we had to leave. The 10.0 pass was again, on the limiter in 4th letting off. The car will go 9's - I know it.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big congrats on the power and times.

Care to share any tricks of the trade on how you are keeping the drivetrain together?

Launching techniques/etc.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bolisbuilt,Nov 8 2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks Carey for posting this!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words!

What a weekend! They always throw a sick event for WCF!
We ran two new PB's - one in the S2k as well as one in our all motor CRX.

Call it luck, call it whatever you want but it has just worked well for us. I would never have thought the drivetrain would have held this long - it has to go at some point.

Knowing that MIR would be hella sticky I kept the launch conservative on the car. Ask anyone that sees it - she bogs of the line and then comes to life. The car is pretty well dialed in and I know what it likes and what it doesnt. Also, Chris does an AWESOME job at driving the car down the track.

On Sunday the bump got moved to 9.77 for True Street so I threw some more boost at it but the car spun pretty hard in 2nd and 3rd end we ended up getting cut. I made some changes to the tune and planned on making another pass but with all the oil downs we had to leave. The 10.0 pass was again, on the limiter in 4th letting off. The car will go 9's - I know it.
bump the redline up a couple hundred rpm's should take you into the 9's pretty easily.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

On a stock trans I was in 5th pretty early, before 1000'. And that was running low 11's.

Shift into 5th and you'll run pretty well into the 9's.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_o6Ce7nEPM [/media]
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM

I turned up the limiter twice and we still had the same issue. The logs show 9700rpms...

We talked about shifting to 5th but figured it would hurt the ET while gaining MPH. Looks like maybe we will try it next time out though!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's worth a shot. Being that you raised the limiter to 9700, you'd be further down the track than I was at 9300. But I'd bet that'd get you your last few hundredths you need to get that 9!!!!

Quick Reply: Congrats to Bolisbuilt