S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

comptech supercharger vs greddy turbo

Old 10-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $3900 for my Greddy kit, and no tax or shipping.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not trying to start anything, just want to make sure the comparison is fair. new greddy kit vs new comptech unit.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:40 PM

I love my supercharger I run a vortech. For my goals I like it more than a turbo car. Its not peaky power. I could care less about building boost at 3k rpms when you race how often does your tach see 3, 4, or even 5k rpms? You can always downshift. As someone stated earlier it feels just like a stock car except faster. Also the sc will make plenty of power for me I never had goals for more than 400 whp so its perfect.

The problems I see with the greddy kit is to small of turbo itll run outa its efficiency range very quick internal wastegate got boost creep? You have to get it tuned to make the same kinda hp you can make in a sc s2000 with no tuning required. It doesnt come with a bov wtf I guess they dont care about compressor surge?

I am not talking trash on the greddy kit I think its a great value but for me I dont think its comparable to the sc. Now another turbo kit with bigger power goals I might start leaning to the turbo.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM

as a big fan of turbo cars, I gotta say the best FI for the S (IMO) is a centrifugal blower. It maintains the intended frenetic character of the car, and turns the slap you feel when hitting VTEC into a big fat punch

driveability under 6k is also arguably better and easier to keep the short wheelbase in check in certain situations
Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by s2000isu,Oct 23 2007, 12:40 PM
I love my supercharger I run a vortech. For my goals I like it more than a turbo car. Its not peaky power. I could care less about building boost at 3k rpms when you race how often does your tach see 3, 4, or even 5k rpms? You can always downshift. As someone stated earlier it feels just like a stock car except faster. Also the sc will make plenty of power for me I never had goals for more than 400 whp so its perfect.

The problems I see with the greddy kit is to small of turbo itll run outa its efficiency range very quick internal wastegate got boost creep? You have to get it tuned to make the same kinda hp you can make in a sc s2000 with no tuning required. It doesnt come with a bov wtf I guess they dont care about compressor surge?

I am not talking trash on the greddy kit I think its a great value but for me I dont think its comparable to the sc. Now another turbo kit with bigger power goals I might start leaning to the turbo.
I believe some people like turbos because it makes the s2k into a completely different beast, making up the low end that it lacks out of the factory. However, if you want to keep the linearity of the power band then SC is for you. I started out wanting a vortech kit as well, but price was a big factor considering i'm a part time working student. I've never been in a turbo S only a SC car. I will let you know how I like my greddy kit though as I will be driving it home from the shop tomorrow at noon.

And I agree it should have come with a BOV. But eh, 300 bucks later I have one welded on. Btw, i'm going to keep stock boost for now until more ppl experiment with squeezing more power out of this kit but hopefully i'll acheive around 340-350whp which is supposedly attainable with this kit. Only time will tell though. Anyways, keep you guys posted on my progress.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:46 PM

i was sc'ed and lost to a turbo mustang running the same psi and he pulled me 2 cars just because he gets boost SOONER. Im turbo now and its a whole different car now on the same boost level. Feels 5x quicker.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

gotta say i absolutely loved my 380whp comptech setup... very linear with the power, was smooth (evans tune) and got 30mpg on the highway. It lacked the torque of my turbo setup, and didnt have the mid range power, but it had instantaneous boost and power!

The turbo is better for highway pulls, and in 6th gear i've beaten WRX's etc... From a dig, due to the spool of my 60-1, i don't get the power out of the hole (no launches) in 1st, but 2nd makes up for it. I did a test going out to penn state last weekend and did about 70mph, instead of my usual 80-85 and my mpg were 27-29mpg, instead of 23-24... So you can get good gas mileage from both if you have a good tuner...

you just gotta work out what you want to do with your car and go from there...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM

It feels 5X quicker but I would be willing to bet your current setup is slower then your old sc setup. Turbos tend to feel faster then they really are. If you think he beat you cause he spools faster then lol I dunno what to tell ya. Might have something to do with it having double the displacement solid rear axle?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 PM

Im sure my 50 trim on 5-6 psi fully spooling at 32-3500 rpm would kill my old set-up with gears from a stop.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM

the greddy turbo is small so it spools up really fast. and also, a comptech car vs a greddy car both running stock psi. I think the greddy would win. Though not sure, but the greddy will get much max tq at 3900 rpm. Both are great kits and only time will tell which is better considering how new the greddy is. Hopefully I will not regret going turbo instead of SC.

Quick Reply: comptech supercharger vs greddy turbo