S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

comptech supercharger vs greddy turbo

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comptech supercharger vs greddy turbo

so i wanted to know if you would help me decide between both, and also people that owns one of them.. what is your opinion.

if both kits were the same price which one would you buy and why...

drivability, power, and maintenance which one is the best...
Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 AM

I'd go with the GReddy kit....more useable power down low.I have the Vortech kit and thinking about upgrading to a turbo.I rarely use the top end for day to day driving.

it depends on your driving habbits..I stay around 4k~6k for driving around town..if you're the type to take it to redline every shift maybe a S/C is for you.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Both kits on stock boost; 5psi for comptech, 8psi for greddy.

I believe the Greddy was a 70mm headerback (no car) exhaust on a '03. The Comptech is my car; '01, comptech exhaust, stock cat.

Moral of the story:
Greddy > Comptech below VTEC
Comptech > Greddy above VTEC
Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats really surprising to me!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comptech SC FTW

400WHP with no problems and reliable! All you need in that BOX, not waiting for Shitty Customer Service
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 AM

I agree and I've got the Greddy kit. The Greddy builds power from ~3500 to 7000 rpm then feels like it flattens out after that. Its still pulling well vs. stock, just not building power the same as it does in the lower RPM. This is with the base tune, but the Trust dyno plots show that you can pick up 20whp by tuning (with stock exhaust, including cat) and that's it.
For mo' power you must upgrade the exhaust of course. With the Greddy kit that means you will need to port the wastegate. Porting the wastegate (even installing a larger WG flapper) is almost a standard feature for internally wastegated turbos and there are many places to get it done if you don't want to DIY. I'd say if you are going to install a Greddy kit, port the wastegate first.

My reasons for going Greddy:
-power goal for this car is wide torque band and ~340whp @10psi. Lesser mills (aka WRX) are reaching these numbers with 18G.
-do not want to upgrade the drivetrain, other than the ACT clutch that's already in
-street car - much prefer the torque band of a small turbo or a roots SC
-must be able to read the OBDII port for smog.
I'm a DIY'er and plan on:
-port the throttle body alittle more
-exhaust (although its hardly worth listing here)
-port the wastegate
-might P&P the head exhaust ports
I want to do it cheap. The Greddy kit fits the bill right down to injector sizing. I'll be into it for less than $5K including tuning. Even if I change my mind and go 14psi (2mm HG + larger injectors) - still a cheap route overall.
This is not a knock on SC, other turbo systems, NOS, or turbonator just some info to consider.

-Doug
Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM

i mostly wanna use the car for touge runs.... i just don't want something that will hit full boost at certain rpm, i want something that will build boost throuout all the rpm band..
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kbtos,Oct 22 2007, 10:06 AM
i mostly wanna use the car for touge runs.... i just don't want something that will hit full boost at certain rpm, i want something that will build boost throuout all the rpm band..
if that's the case, then maybe a sc is for you. but both setups are very good and I like how the dyno plot that scottrunsxc posted directly reflects the differences in each setup. as usual, the sc setup is very linear, which also aides in the balance of the car during hard acceleration, which is something you would want if you were carving corners in the toug
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=WashabiS2K,Oct 22 2007, 09:38 AM] if that's the case, then maybe a sc is for you. but both setups are very good and I like how the dyno plot that scottrunsxc posted directly reflects the differences in each setup. as usual, the sc setup is very linear, which also aides in the balance of the car during hard acceleration, which is something you would want if you were carving corners in the toug
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM

i have 4.56 gears, i agree with you about building the power with the supercharger, so we all knowthat the comptech makes more power, how about driveability and maintenance, and of course those topics saying that if people launch with the stock differential, it will blow.

i personally have 4.56 gears, stage 3 clutch six puck and a fdanza flywheel.

Quick Reply: comptech supercharger vs greddy turbo