S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

comptech SC w/ 5 psi pulley

Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comptech SC w/ 5 psi pulley

im new to this FI thing. ive never been on to these coz usually im running stock except for suspension upgrade. i like to have the sleeper look. but now wanna try a new route. so im planning to put a comptech SC with 5psi pulley but no aftercooler? what numbers should i expect? and second, if ever i would like to upgrade toa 7psi pulley would it still be possible to run this set-up without aftercooler/FMIC? your input is very much appriciated.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Figure about 12 to 15 horsepower for each pound of boost. Yes, you can run it without the intercooler but be forwarned the boost charge will be much warmer with the subsequent decreased performance.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:46 PM

sideways: how about the situation on 5psi boost since its lower. im planning to do a custom FMIC after and if i have enough time. if not maybe next summer. ive been tied up at work lately.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lend_type_R,Jul 4 2006, 05:46 PM
sideways: how about the situation on 5psi boost since its lower. im planning to do a custom FMIC after and if i have enough time. if not maybe next summer. ive been tied up at work lately.
The lower the boost the lower the intake charge with some exceptions. Owners have run there S2000s with up to 7 lbs with no intake cooling.

Why would you do the front mounted intercooler. Do you just want it for looks? Five pounds boost with a front mounted intercooler would yield about 3 pounds boost.

The Comptech intercooler is a very efficient device the way they have it.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM

so in short, customizing an FMIC would lower my boost? and second im not really into looks, im more of performance type of person. i was reconsidering of making a an FMIC since a friend of mine could help me on doing it. as i mentioned, im new to FI. thank you so much sideways for that info. i really thought that making an FMIC would give me more HP to the car. are there anybody out there selling an aftercooler? and if there is,how much would i expect to get one? i know i got a lot of question here, but i think you know a lot about FI. would it be possible to get a close torque number to the HP? let say 20 difference between HP and torque? and if there is, had anybody done this and whats his dyno numbers?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:29 PM

Fabricating a front mount will loost boost through all the extra piping that the air must go through. Also everyone online that sells a comptech supercharger online will also sell the aftercooler separately, so I suggest you get it at the same time so it'll be alot cheaper in the long run......and its almost near impossible to get the torque # close to hp# in this car with a supercharger....
Old 07-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also thinking about the FMIC. But my reason behind it was you were gonna get way more cooler air going in. I didnt realized you were gonna lose about 3lbs though. There was a guy here in the Chicago area who did the FMIC, did anyone remember his numbers? Even though Sideways is SC king around here, I just wanted some hard numbers to prove his point of losing 3lbs and how efficent the Comptech's AC is.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM

I doubt that you'll lose 3lb of boost due to fmic probably .5-1lb probably.....
Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM

the guy you're refering to in chicago is nick... his alias is s2knick
Old 07-05-2006, 08:17 PM

Is the Comptech AC a Water-to-Air intercooler? If so, isn't a air-to-air intercooler more efficient then a Water-to-Air? I've heard you loose some boost adding a AC, is this true? Sorry very new to the FI world, but wanting to learn. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: comptech SC w/ 5 psi pulley