S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comptech SC or RevHard Turbo?

Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech SC or RevHard Turbo?

I'm looking between these two kits. What kit is easier to install? Which kit has more "real" power? Reason I say real is I noticed Comptech claims 100-110 but is it real or over-inflated?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RH turbo puts out about 290rwhp. I never installed a turbo, but SCs are pretty easy with the right tools.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Let me put in my Two cents.. I have been in the same boat as you and have talked to alot of people about it.. The supercharger is ok, you will get good horse power from it but not where you want it. And after you put it on you want more power where the SC can not provid only if you get a bigger pulley but still.. With a SC you will get good boost at higher RPM. From what I know you start geting boost around 4-5 RPM and you get about 2-3lbs boost,, you really dont get the full boost of 7-9lbs until higher RPM like 7-9.. But with a good turbo set up you can boost way ealier.. you can star boosting at 3.5 or 4 rpm but you can boost 6-9lbs right away and you will boost thru out the power band. and later you can allways increase your boost. I heard in a stock s2k engine you can boost as far as 14 with out changeing the internals. With a good kit like the Love Fab kit, you can get 350 hp to the wheels. and the turbo will kick in early to help you in the lower rmps..But that is how I feel.. I am going turbo as soon as I can.. I would recomind the Love Fab kit.. it is way pricy but worth it..
Old 01-25-2006, 07:25 AM

Between Rev Hard turbo and Comptech supercharger, I would choose comptech!

Between turbo and supercharger, I would choose turbo!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Banned

I havent even bolted on my supercharger yet and I already want to upgrade to a turbo. ???explain that one???
Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Quivers,Jan 25 2006, 11:44 AM
I havent even bolted on my supercharger yet and I already want to upgrade to a turbo. ???explain that one???
Superchargers are great if you want to bolt on reliable power. If you plan on upgrading it than I would have gone with a turbo kit. That's the decision I made after two years of research. For me I would like either one but I could only afford at the time the supercharger. The supercharger you can build on little by little and still have fun driving it while you save for your next upgrade. I figured that I would spend just as much money modding the supercharger as I would on a turbo and that was how I made the decision. That and Cody (LoveFab) is about two hours from where I live and his tuner is about an hour and a half away.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
ayS

i went with the s/c for reliability. and power. not what a turbo could put out. but the best of a little of both worlds.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:56 AM

Lovefab The price isn't bad at all if you look at all the stuff that comes with it!! But between comptech and rh I would go with the Comptech
Old 01-25-2006, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also want to ask yourself about emissions laws in your state. SC is is 50 state legal, turbo isn't.

Other than that, I went SC. Reliable, good power. Next on my list is 4.57 gears, which will give me the low end I want.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:40 PM

Between those two choices I would go with the Comptech SC without a doubt. If you are going to go the turbo route don't try to cut corners, you will probably end up paying for it in the end in time and money.

Quick Reply: Comptech SC or RevHard Turbo?